BF Pro Reverb for sale cheap? Quick!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Tomo, Aug 26, 2008.

1. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

Dont think this is Tomo's...I believe he is just trying to make us aware of the amp....

2. opdev

opdev Member

If it arrives safe ,you did well price wise. Just make sure seller insures it.

3. opdev

opdev Member

Are you sure it's not his? Or that he knows specifically about this one?

4. RedLizard

RedLizard Member

With all due respect to your situation, you'd do better to hurl the profanities at the mirror, rather than Tomo. He did nothing more than point out what looked to be a nice Blackface Pro. You got excited and rushed in w/o looking both ways.

Tomo never said or inferred it was his or that he knew anything about it. A few clues that it wasn't his. First, he would KNOW what year it was, the eBay seller was unsure. Second, Tomo lives in Boston, the seller lives in Syracuse. Third, the seller describes himself as a dealer, which I've never heard Tomo say he is.

Sure looks to me like a nice amp, plus seller has 100% feedback and probably knows how to pack better than the average Joe. You can always ask if he'll let you out of the deal. If the next highest bidde still wants it, you might get out of it for little or nothing.

5. woof*

woof* Member

you paid 1800 + $100 shipping and then $179 for service last yr for one, yet your worried about this? not a bad deal on that amp. tomo just gave a heads up!

6. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

When the amp arrives I will give you $800 for it. I guarantee that will make you feel better.

7. RedLizard

RedLizard Member

You're talking as if you somehow got screwed. Maybe you did get screwed - you'll find out in a few days. You ASSumed it was Tomo's, it wasn't. To dis on him is out of line, which is why you aren't going to find any love here tonight.

8. Herf

Herf Member

"I can't afford this. I canceled a dental appt. because of lack of funds."

Wow. And you're mad at Tomo??

9. Big White Tele

Big White Tele Member

Sorry to hear about the confusion. I kind of agree with you, it was a bit misleading in my opinion. Tomo should have stated the he had no affiliation with the seller. Hope it all works out in the end. looks like a nice amp, but are those the proper numbers for original trannies? Any one know?

10. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

The seller has 98 positive feedback and his last few transactions were all as the seller. I don't think you have much to worry about.

To play devils advocate, Tomo could have added that it was not his auction. Although I don't really think it should matter much as you should not have bid on the amp if you didn't want it.

While it would have been cool to own one of Tomos amps, that shouldn't have been your reason to bid.

11. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Wow dude, calm down.

Tomo is always pointing out deals to us. I read the ad today and NEVER thought it was Tomo's. I sold Tomo a Pro Reverb and have had nothing but good will with him.

Tomo, keep showing us those good deals, don't let this discourage you.

12. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I think this is a joke. You can't be serious.

13. GDking

GDking Member

You know who I feel really really bad for, is the poor bastard that sold the amp to you that did not ask for any of this or misrepresent anything. You have not even received it!

14. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet....

Prescription?

Decaf, dude..............and a good long look inward.

Seriously.

15. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

I would hate to see this guy's reaction if someone gets his order wrong at a restaurant... it would be a total meltdown.

You got a killer deal on an amp that a lot of people here would love to have. Sue me if I don't shed a tear for you tonight.

16. johan

johan Member

If it's in good condition you did good. Great deal on a great amp!
    If USPS will ship a big box like that international I'm interested. Serious!

I understand you feel bad but is the amp any different if Tomo once owned it or not?
    You bought it from a seller who seems to be honest.

17. DEMENTED

DEMENTED Supporting Member

Tomo did not cost you $1400, you did. You apparently made no effort to verify it was a Toma owned Pro Reverb. You are a grown man, take responsibility for your actions. Besides, it will probbably be a perfectly fine amp, you read the auction, you made the decsion, you pressed the button on the keyboard, it's yours. Happy eBaying!

18. KHK

KHK Silver Supporting Member

Yes you will and you are seriously overreacting. If you are lurking, try and pay attention. Tomo does this alot and 99.9% of the people here wouldn't jump to your conclusion. A simple search of his posts in the emporium would have clued you in.

I hope it turns out well for you.

19. tzamosti

tzamosti Silver Supporting Member

Seriously chill out...Tomo alerts everyone to good deals all the time on great amps and guitars. I, and probably everyone else, thinks its a great service (although I get pissed when he tells everyone about a deal I already know of!!). But chill out...the amp is probably great, but its your fault for being uninformed. Everyone else knew it wasn't his, why didn't you?