• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BG P90's

Sun Creature

Has anyone had any experience with them?

I have a set of the Pure 90's and really like them.

They would be going into an SG Classic.

darchirnoj

I had some BGs in a guitar (local luthier).
The pickups were the best part of the guitar. Lol.
Brian is pretty cool; always helped out and answered emails.
It's been awhile since I've bothered him, but from what I remember, you can't lose with BG. Great prices too.

Stratburst70

I have a BG P90 in my lap steel. It sounds freakin' awesome. Bryan's service is excellent as well. I would buy from him again.

white cloud

I have a BG "Hot 90" in the bridge position of my Agile AL 2000 Gold Top. Man it is sweet. That axe gets lots of play time. Since it is all Mahogany it would be similar to a SG so
should be a similar tone. I don't use it much with real clean amp/pedal settings. Crunch and R&R is where it is at. Contemplating going with the "Vintage P 90" in the neck but will ask Bryan his
thoughts on this(Hot 90 vs Vintage 90). I am not saying it doesn't do clean well. I am saying I love this guitar/pup combo with some gain happening.

Sun Creature

Thanks guys.

Were you all using the Vintage or Hot? I was looking at the Vintage and hoping it could still do raunch/snarl along with decent cleans or would I be better off with the Hot instead?

HTSMetal

I installed a set of BG Pure 90s in their humbucker-sized housing in a friend of mine's SG, thought they sounded great and definitely had that midrange and sparkle that good P90s are known for!

whackystrings

I have a Goldtop Studio Les Paul with P90s as well as one with regular HB. On the HB Les Paul, I usually find that I used the coil splitting 90% of the time and I am not crazy about the full-on HB sound.
Might try out those BG Pure90s and sell-off the P90s Les Paul.

Tweedledee

Thanks guys.

Were you all using the Vintage or Hot? I was looking at the Vintage and hoping it could still do raunch/snarl along with decent cleans or would I be better off with the Hot instead?
I have a set of his Vintage P90s in my mahogany thinline Tele. They definitely sound fantastic when played through a clean amp and they do the P90 snarl thing perfectly as well. Here's the guitar they're in:

Trending Topics