BIAS desktop content

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Hamsterstyle45, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Hamsterstyle45

Hamsterstyle45 Member

Greetings, I am interested in buying BIAS desktop as it's currently on sale. I have no need for amp matching so will be looking at the 'basic/standard' version. The Positive Grid site states that it comes with '36 amp models to get you started'. I've downloaded the demo and indeed see 36 amp models (4 amps each in clean, blues, crunch, glassy, hi gain, metal, insane, acoustic and bass) but then I have also read that 'glassy, crunch and insane' are only available in the professional version.

I'm a little confused now as it seems one of the 2 product descriptions must be wrong. If 36 amps are included with the standard version, great. If the glassy, crunch and insane are only available in professional, where are the other 12 amp models?

Can anyone confirm which 36 amp models are included with the 'standard' (non professional) BIAS desktop. Many thanks!

2. iggy23

iggy23 Member

the ampmatch models are not included, also the extensionpacks

3. gurumonkey

gurumonkey Member

I tried to pull open the list on my phone in class to let you know, and it starting feeding back because i didn't have interface plugged in! ha. embarrassing. I'll have to look for you later. (they're the same ones between mobile and desktop)

4. Hamsterstyle45

Hamsterstyle45 Member

Thanks for helping out, but please don't get yourself into trouble!!!!

I'm most impressed with the Plexi and Superlead models, but since they come with the 'crunch' pack, i assumed they were only available with professional. Since i've opened the demo however they are present (i clicked on the 'standard' demo although assume i'm getting to demo the full program).

Again, i'm simply confused because if the glassy, crunch and insane models ARE indeed expansions for professional only, then that is 12 fewer amps (4 in each pack). This contradicts their '36 amps to get you started' claim for the 'standard' desktop.

Or maybe i'm reading it wrong......

5. gurumonkey

gurumonkey Member

You get 4 amps per pack. I think the stuff that comes in that expansion pack are like components that you can use to build other stuff.

For instance, in Clean you get '76 RC120, Brittish 900 Clean, '94 match 30, and Highway 103 clean.

On desktop the real value is in the tone match block, but those packs will give you access to some different sounds.

does that help?