Bias Fx for Ipad, Need Monitor Advice

I picked up the Bias FX app for my Ipad recently. I got a cheap interface and have been playing it through the Power Amp in of my Egnater Rebel 20.

I really like it! My distorted tones are very "articulate". It is just blast to play.

Now I am looking for a lower power solution. If I get powered monitors, do I need a small power amp or DI box?

What is my best "bang for my buck" to take my Bias experience into powered monitors.

Seeing as I like this so much, I am also considering the Bias program for my laptop, so the monitor solution would work there too.

TIA!

Allthesound

Looks great. $350 is a bit higher than I wanted to spend. Was hoping for $100 to $200 range. This gives me hope though! It can be done.
$350 is price for each :) $200 You should be able to pickup a used pair of powered monitors maybe some KRK's ? I wouldn't get anything with smaller than 7 or 8 inch woofers though you will be disappointed with the low end response with 5 inch.

Campeador

In that price range you can't do much better than getting JBL LSR305s. You can buy a pair for around $200. Low end is pretty good on those, check them out.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is just for bedroom practice. I am also preparing to sell my house and move into a more sensible luxury apartment with my GF, so I am looking for low volume solutions.

CapnRex

Looks great. $350 is a bit higher than I wanted to spend. Was hoping for $100 to $200 range. This gives me hope though! It can be done.

I have the Yamaha HS5s which should match you perfectly. PS I had the Rockits before and sent them back. Awful bassy muffling. The yamahas are clear.

So much to think about. I know I will buy a cheaper option and eventually upgrade to the real thing.... LIKE I ALWAYS DO!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom