Bias Your Own Amplifier Video Instruction Site

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by rcboals, Jun 17, 2008.

1. rcboals

rcboals Supporting Member

In my quest to find out if I could bias my own amp. I found this site. Looks pretty much like anybody with just a little skill can do it. Thought I would share this. Click on How to Biasing Videos
    http://eurotubes.com/index.htm

2. 56_Special

56_Special Member

3. Nolatone Ampworks

Nolatone Ampworks Silver Supporting Member

Bummer they are showing just bias probe techniques. Wish they showed the good ole manual approach so we could all argue about it :)

4. stratman_el84

stratman_el84 Member

Well...OK.

'Scope biasing rules, a bias probe drools! :moon

How's that?

Cheers!

Strat

5. rcboals

rcboals Supporting Member

I was pretty impresssed with the videos, of course I am just a unsophistcated Hillbilly Rockabilly 100% vintage Fender Blackface player. Got tired of paying Willy the amp guru $40.00 for 5 minutes. Maybe some of them there high dollar boo-tiki type amplifiers don't like being probed require the scope.

6. stratman_el84

stratman_el84 Member

I was joking, of course. Nothing wrong with bias probes or the 1-ohm cathode resistor method, or any of the other popular methods as long as one understands the limitations of the information presented and what it actually means.

Bottom line is whatever method that works best for a particular person that puts the idle current in a safe operational range and sounds good is as valid as anything else.

Cheers!

Strat