• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Big Muff style pedals

skylab001

I've got a usa big muff that is about 10 years old, I love it but it takes up a lot of space on my board. What is available that will give me that same smooth big muff sustaining distortion but have more options in terms of tone shaping.

Is the malekko 213 ultra based on a big muff?

rootbeersoup

EHX makes a smaller version of the Big Muff

I don't use a Big Muff, but many people recommend getting the Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
For the money the Big Muff with tone wicker is pretty hard beat! I see them often for sale at about $50 used.

taco-man

Platinum Supporting Member
Check out the Barber Trifecta. Three sounds via toggle, a mid-boost and a sludge knob (to dial out muddiness). Good price too.

terrapin

Skreedy Pigmine, but alas, no longer in production. But, it has been replaced with the P19.

Marty DiBergi

Silver Supporting Member
I would include the Basic Audio Foxey Lady in this camp as well.

Also, the 4-knob Hoof Fuzz.

chillytc

Another vote for the Basic Audio Tri/Ram here although I haven't tried the SUF or Wren and Cuff stuff and they have both gone deep into the muff.

Marrrty

I would keep the NYC Muff and save your money. I have one about the same age and have tried to replace it many times. Keep coming back to it. Yes, it takes up a lot of space but I dont really mind because it sounds great and looks sexy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom