big muff Vs big muff

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hey_day, Dec 22, 2009.

1. hey_day

hey_day Member

i have owned a few fuzz pedals. i an more of a rhythm player and my favorite musician seems to rock an old green soviet big muff. what is the difference between that and the more recent muffs? seems like subtle changes and really would only be filling a small void in my board. so not sure i want to spend big dough for the old school ones when the newer ones are easy to come by.

2. marvelboy_04

marvelboy_04 Member

stompunderfoot.com

or check out a musket fuzz

3. hey_day

hey_day Member

have a bunch of pedals and tried a bunch but am really an open chord/rhythm payer and trying to get a similar tone to glen hansard of the frames. just having trouble finding the right tone for a driving lead sound for a singer song writer. i know most of this sounds sacrilegious in this forum, but really a great rhythm tone means the world right now.

4. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

There's a site that discusses the various Muff versions (don't have a link at the moment) that claims that the current Little Big Muff is very similar to the Green Russian version. Just FYI.

Al

5. j2b4o

j2b4o Member

the black newer ones can be easily modded to sound exactly like the greens. I modded mine and I think its better sounding. going green is easy only a few caps and resistors.

the blacks are too boomy and muddy stock IMO

6. mattpas

mattpas Silver Supporting Member

The new black russian ones are the same as the green russian muffs except for three resistors that don't affect the sound of the pedal.