Big Muff...wow

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Frenster, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

I did a session the other day and we were trying to get a real saturated sound. My OCD didn't do it, my FUDD didn't do it...together they kinda did, but it was real noisy, then the engineer said, "Oh, I've got an old one I've had since the '70's."

Holy smokes did it sound good! I've never really played much with fuzz pedals. Mostly OD's and distortions, but I gotta get me one of those, or something like it.

Anyone have any experience with the GGG or BYOC versions? The GGG has more knobs and is more expensive. Anyone?

2. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

IMO you can't go wrong with the real thing. For $69.00 the EH Little Big Muff is one hell of a deal. I hadn't used mine in a couple of weeks and plugged it in today. What a range of cool tones! From dark and chunky to bright and assaulting. With a LovePedal Boost in front of it it became an entirely new nasty animal. One of the best purchases I made in a long time.

3. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

That's not a bad idea at all, although I do like the little MXR sized boxes the diy's come in.

4. armoredfist316

armoredfist316 Member

I have a BYOC large beaver and its great. Ive compared it to all the current big muff offerings from EH and it sounds better than all of them IMO. You really cant go wrong with the GGG kit either. I would recommend a kit to any EH pedal though because you can taylor them to fit your sound and building your own pedal is awesome.

5. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

Does anyone here use the Frantone pedal "The Sweet" or "Peach Fuzz"? I head The Sweet is supposed to be quite good for BM tones...