• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Big Night At The Museum

bobcs71

Anyone else watching?
I am enjoying it immensly.
The history, the instruments & how honored the guests appear to be playing them is inspiring.

Keb Mo should have Jimmy Rodgers guitar

Ricky Skaggs showed no mercy to Bill Monroe's mandolin.

The audio sounds like you are hearing them in the museum.

Reactions: BJW

WordMan

Platinum Supporting Member

I had no idea it was even going on - here is the Preview for it. I will have to check it out on YouTube!

Thank you!

WordMan

Platinum Supporting Member
Good lord, what a wonderful event. The instruments and performances were beautiful, with Mother Maybelle’s L-5 at the end played by Carlene Carter really stood out.

I am not a Country guy at all, but I am not gonna lie - I shed a tear over a lot of those performances. Rodney Crowell in Guy Clark’s workroom singing She Ain’t Going Nowhere? Emmylou singing Love Hurts on the Martin 00-16NY it was written on?! Oh man.

Steadfastly

I am a history buff so I really enjoyed seeing those old instruments and hearing some of the old songs I grew up with. I was very surprised at how well Emmy Lou Harris' voice has held up over the years. She is 74 years old, believe it, or not and still has a great voice and still has those classic good looks too. Rodney Crowell is 70 and he sounds pretty good too, for his age.