• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Big Price Hike on Gibson Les Pauls

Premanand

We have to remember that guitars are really a luxury item. The thing that scares me lately is the bill at the grocery store. Meat prices are insane, it's been a long time since I bought a steak, it's just not worth the money. I have to plan grocery shopping around what's on sale at the time. It's not going to get better.
A) Guitars are musical instruments certainly not luxury items with the right intent and skilful artistry
B)Try becoming vegetarian!

Sem

The Slash and Studios didn't change. Still $3000 and $1500.
The minute they increase the price on signature guitars, they get a call from the artist's lawyer demanding equivalent pay increase, so it doesn't make any financial sense to them.

Joe Randazzo

Man, I just noticed that Gibson Les Paul Standards just jumped from $2499 to $2699. Classics went up a whopping $300 bucks to $2299. WTH!!
Stevie, you nailed it! Did Gibson think that they could sneak this through? It isn't just their Les Pauls. Their figured ES-339 went from $3,000 to $3,300. The increases are for all guitars. What's next, a quality decrease. It makes sense that if they are raising prices, they must also be lowering quality. Greedy CEOs are built that way. This also comes at a time when must gigging musicians are having a hard time making ends meet due to the pandemic, and a lack of live work. Thankfully they are not the only show in town, and I hope their sales drop. A ten percent price increase is way too high.

MidsBad

I wouldn’t have a hard time paying an extra $200-300 if…

• fix neck with volute/scarf
• give all LPs 500k pots
• offer ebony fretboard option

wilson1

I'm glad I've got all the Les Pauls I'm likely to be able to handle.

Jack them prices up, boys!!!

(seriously though I'm not done with ES-335s so this is still a concern!!!)
I have a 71 or 72 335 Gibson but I just bought one of those Sire Larry Carlton 335's --- pretty nice actually for the money. I also looked at but passed on (for now) the Eastman 335's. The Gibson's are just crazy with their prices.

Sem

That said, I did play a friend’s Gibson Custom 1963 Reissue SG Special the other day, and boy oh boy is that guitar something else. If I had to purchase a new guitar today, that would be it.
Or you could get yourself Tony Iommi SG Special which is just as good for $1.2K less.

rawkguitarist

Theres no one to unload those ships, and no one to truck the stuff away if they did.

Where did all those people go? What are they doing today?
That’s another topic outside the purview of TGP. IE. ain’t supposed to talk about it.

Mr. Crow

That’s another topic outside the purview of TGP. IE. ain’t supposed to talk about it.
Go ahead, tell me where they have gone. Truckers and nighttime longshoreman hours are being increased to try and keep up with the increased shipping backlog. The ports of Southern California are moving a record level of freight, but they haven't been able to keep up with the demand. On Sept. 25th, there were 161 ships in port to be unloaded. The normal number of ships before the pandemic was 60. So tell me, who is unloading these ships?

rawkguitarist

Go ahead, tell me where they have gone. Truckers and nighttime longshoreman hours are being increased to try and keep up with the increased shipping backlog. The ports of Southern California are moving a record level of freight, but they haven't been able to keep up with the demand. On Sept. 25th, there were 161 ships in port to be unloaded. The normal number of ships before the pandemic was 60. So tell me, who is unloading these ships?
Please reread the post you just quoted and Mike Duncan’s. Thanks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom