Big Sky´s room algorithm

I just spent about an hour of playing a students Big Sky, I really liked it all but I don't need all of it, is very big and quite expensive, I also have a Stereo Wet and I´m very pleased with it for the ambient sounds, but there was something on the Room algo of the Big Sky that I just loved! Responds great to my playing, it is so realistic and warm and I think it is perfect for jazz with my archtops.

So my question is: how close to the Big Sky´s Room sound can get the Blue Sky or the Flint?

I´m open to other suggestions as well.

Last edited:

Stereo is not essential but since I already have a Tremolessence and a Timeline on the board, I do like sometimes to play in stereo and even more to record in stereo.

Thanks for the suggestion, I´m gonna search about the SST.

crxshdxmmy

The room settings on the BSR and Flint are great. I'm sure you'd like either one of those if you enjoyed the Big Sky. Just comes down to secondary features/options you want with those two.

If you just want a nice shallow room setting though, the RRR from Dr. Scientist is very tasty. It doesn't have as much decay time, but it sounds awesome.

speedyone

If you just want a nice shallow room setting though, the RRR from Dr. Scientist is very tasty.

+1

I even preferred the RRR to the Stereo Wet.

thanks for your responses!! I keep the RRR in my mind.

Although, I would still like to know if the room algorithm on BSR is the same as on BigSky.

I really like how realistic it was, and how great these early reflections sounded. I haven't experienced that before with a pedal, only with expensive rack equipment or plaguing.

its funny, if I start a Strymon rant thread it will get 20 pages of responses within hours, I´m asking a simple question to those that have tried both.

Dumdeediddle

Big Sky was endlessly wonderful ,but just did not have the sound I like on the Flint. Sold it & still use the Flint.

PS -Had a Blue Sky as well. But still kept the Flint

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
Do you know which size room you were using on the BigSky? The BSR is much closer to the bigger of the two rooms IMO. But no they are not identical algorithms- and the dampening controls on the BSR respond a bit differently from the tone knobs on the BigSky.

Do you know which size room you were using on the BigSky? The BSR is much closer to the bigger of the two rooms IMO. But no they are not identical algorithms- and the dampening controls on the BSR respond a bit differently from the tone knobs on the BigSky.
I liked factory presets: 04A Boiler Room and 08A Wood Floors. As I can see from the preset list one is Club while the other is Studio, I can't remember which I liked most but I think I would be happy with either. We played a little bit with the parameters, Low End and Diffusion especially. Both are quite subtle, especially the Wood Floors, but there was something really immediate to their response that I found amazing.

Big Sky was endlessly wonderful ,but just did not have the sound I like on the Flint. Sold it & still use the Flint.

PS -Had a Blue Sky as well. But still kept the Flint
Could you describe the sound? Is it the long decayed reverbs or the modulation or the short roomy reverbs?