Big TV session footage.

jaywalker

First of all I would like to thank everyone at TGP for their input on my new TV session job, it's a huge show and we've just finishede the first instalment. did the whole ghig with my mass produced board and a couple of Laney VC30s which sounded real VOXy to me.
We ran live and it looks like we have massive ratings.
Here's a link to the show:

http://archiv.markiza.sk/?31337d=24.02.2008&31337p=104&31337v[]=34036

It went well with only a few blunders on my part.

One thing I noticed after watching it is that all effects are quite subtle in the TV environment.
I had my delays right up and the choruses were excessive but on TV not a lot came accross.

Will push the mix levels up a bit next week.....

I'm the pale one in black BTW.
sorry it's in a funny language but u gotta take work wherever you can get it.

Axekisser

Wow!

I think you did a great job! The group is very tight. I can only imagine how difficult that gig is. Great tones and playing. I think you guys are way better than the band on the American version of American Idol!

jaywalker

Thanks. The feed to the internet went down in the first minute.
We had 16 guitars for 8 songs plus 4 back-ups!
Some guitars were detuned a half step or full step, 3 were UPtuned a half step and a full step. This is something I've never done before but I must admit I REALLY like playing strats uptuned to F with 11s, theres something really SRV about it.
I will run a stereo rig next time to help the effects come through. the stage was tiny though, when I first got there I thought it was only the drum riser. The set designer is working on extending it. It was a real nightmare with the moving stage thing, I felt seasick and my amps fell down at one point when somebody got a little over enthusiastic with the jojstick.
There will be a couple of gearhead interviews coming up this week where we look at effects and guitars. I've had to come up with a system to incorporate all my electric/acoustic and mandolin effects on one board due to the size of the stage.

Aj_rocker

hey

im gald its going well, it looks incredable, and you have some very good tones.

do u think (pm me if you dont want to write it here) a list of all your gear your using???

thanks john

AJ

jaywalker

I used my bog standard pedal board and 2 Laney VC30s and a shitload of strings!:dude
Next week is more demanding because I need harmonisers, flangers, phazers and a guitar synth.

We have to recreate a lot of old 80's sounds and the producer is more than happy to let me have the run of the mill at all the local music shops.

All effects/reverbs etc went straight through the amps with no external processing whatsoever.
The lighting rig was simply HUGE but I still used a couple of telecasters despite common sense. at one point I had 3 drive pedals on at the same time but I'm an old volume pot gunslinger so I managed to keep things under control most of the time.

here's da gear:

100_0533.jpg

100_0525.jpg

Great stuff.Proud For you. I hope the LD learns something from this first show..Ouch the lighting was nauseating ..Maybe it was the feed.I dunno.. Good luck with it. Keith
First of all I would like to thank everyone at TGP for their input on my new TV session job, it's a huge show and we've just finishede the first instalment. did the whole ghig with my mass produced board and a couple of Laney VC30s which sounded real VOXy to me.
We ran live and it looks like we have massive ratings.
Here's a link to the show:

http://archiv.markiza.sk/?31337d=24.02.2008&31337p=104&31337v[]=34036

It went well with only a few blunders on my part.

One thing I noticed after watching it is that all effects are quite subtle in the TV environment.
I had my delays right up and the choruses were excessive but on TV not a lot came accross.

Will push the mix levels up a bit next week.....

I'm the pale one in black BTW.
sorry it's in a funny language but u gotta take work wherever you can get it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom