Big Wreck does Zep righteously! High on the Hog

BUK

It dropped at midnight....
This is some kind of autogenerated YT thing but you can hear it.

Here's my non-musician impression....
Spit it Out

Well, we’ve been hearing parts of it for 19 months on instagram!!! It looks like it is FINALLY here, heralding the forthcoming 7.2!!!!! It’s a GRABBER! One of the harder straight rock sections Ian has ever recorded! But of course there is always a dark and light play for BW.

Let’s talk about the lineage of that intro first. It creeps up like Aerosmith’s Hangman Jury. Nice little acoustic front porch ditty on the order of Ease My Mind. Little guitar in the left, some tasty pickin’ in the right. It all joins up to a fat bass drum beat and a walking bass that dances it out. This is the country swing that was promised on This is Where My Heart Is. THIS has got the SWING that was missing on TIWMHI!

AND just as we settle into that back country groove, Ian drops the BOMB riff! It has that Montrose Rock Candy head crushing tone... but it’s just a taste. Actually, the riff itself has it’s roots in a nearly unknown rocker from the mid-70’s. Evie by Stevie Wright the original singer for the Easybeats. He was touted to be the original singer for AC/DC! That and that scrapey chuggachugga that Joe Walsh did in Funk 49 really puts this in a sweet spot for me. I have a LOT of history burned in my brain so..... everyone will experience it their own way.

Before you know it, it’s over and the back porch jam goes to tasty level two. Ian sings and slippey-slides all over. The bass and slide just percolate! I could listen to this section for hours!

HARD left turn and we are madly scraping and chugging! Am I in the late 70’s? This is just KILLIN’! Now we’re at the bridge.... oh wait, is that Alice in Chains? Did someone hit the changer? I LOVE THESE SHIFTS!!!

Full shred coming! Firing all influences! 2 BLISTERING solos!!! OMG what a ride!!!!

BlueHeaven

Spit it Out

Well, we’ve been hearing parts of it for 19 months on instagram!!! It looks like it is FINALLY here, heralding the forthcoming 7.2!!!!! It’s a GRABBER! One of the harder straight rock sections Ian has ever recorded! But of course there is always a dark and light play for BW.

Let’s talk about the lineage of that intro first. It creeps up like Aerosmith’s Hangman Jury. Nice little acoustic front porch ditty on the order of Ease My Mind. Little guitar in the left, some tasty pickin’ in the right. It all joins up to a fat bass drum beat and a walking bass that dances it out. This is the country swing that was promised on This is Where My Heart Is. THIS has got the SWING that was missing on TIWMHI!

AND just as we settle into that back country groove, Ian drops the BOMB riff! It has that Montrose Rock Candy head crushing tone... but it’s just a taste. Actually, the riff itself has it’s roots in a nearly unknown rocker from the mid-70’s. Evie by Stevie Wright the original singer for the Easybeats. He was touted to be the original singer for AC/DC! That and that scrapey chuggachugga that Joe Walsh did in Funk 49 really puts this in a sweet spot for me. I have a LOT of history burned in my brain so..... everyone will experience it their own way.

Before you know it, it’s over and the back porch jam goes to tasty level two. Ian sings and slippey-slides all over. The bass and slide just percolate! I could listen to this section for hours!

HARD left turn and we are madly scraping and chugging! Am I in the late 70’s? This is just KILLIN’! Now we’re at the bridge.... oh wait, is that Alice in Chains? Did someone hit the changer? I LOVE THESE SHIFTS!!!

Full shred coming! Firing all influences! 2 BLISTERING solos!!! OMG what a ride!!!!

LOVE the groove!

Electric I

Spit it Out

What a track! And such an apt description, BUK. Man...this is my new favorite song.

BUK

Ian told me the track list for 7.2. It is one DIVERSE collection of tunes! It includes some of the best ever BW heavy anthemic, tasty bluesy, modern Morsey, vibey groovey.... and of course the swingy run through of influences that Spit it Out is!

This is a taste of the tracks....

NB_Terry

VERY Pagian preflight on Albatross.....

Great videos, and really small guitar rigs for the band.

Since they don't display Suhr amps, I am wondering if he's using Fractals or Kempers to save money while on the US tour.

Husky

Great videos, and really small guitar rigs for the band.

Since they don't display Suhr amps, I am wondering if he's using Fractals or Kempers to save money while on the US tour.
I see the cabinet but I’ll ask. Ian is not a fan of modeling, when I asked him once he said “why, I have the real thing” but I know that gig at that dealer was very spontaneous in the middle of the tour so he could be playing anything at the dealer but on the tour I’m quite sure it’s his amps.

Husky

Ok, I didn't see amp heads in any of the videos I watched.

Thanks for the info..
Yeah Ian apologized for not having the amp heads and cabinets up there but they ran out of stage room what an excellent experience to have them in a small room! Sometimes in concerts you can’t hear very much well so I really appreciate these small shows having come back from another great show that had a 300ms slap back because of the size of the venue

Top Bottom