Big Wreck - I am loving this tune.

BUK

I think of it as a Beatles "I want You (She's So Heavy)" meets Soundgarden!

I asked the guys when I saw them in Asbury Park when this was gonna be in the set. Chuck and Dave were all up for it! They had worked it all out live. Done live, that rise from 2:00 on would slay!

mikebat

It is so fun to hear to hear chord changes that are not simply diatonic, sure those work perfectly, but the lack of surprises makes songs easier to forget.

I don't enjoy prog that just throws in odd time changes and key changes in for the sake of being clever, this is not that.

For the writer, the challenge of weaving a GREAT melody through an ear tweaking chord change and also saving those changes sound from sounding like some sort of harmonic challenge or test is a real trophy in musicianship.

NB_Terry

I asked the guys when I saw them in Asbury Park when this was gonna be in the set. Chuck and Dave were all up for it! They had worked it all out live. Done live, that rise from 2:00 on would slay!

I hear a bit of King Crimson in there.

Reactions: BUK

jncour

Silver Supporting Member

I can hear that!

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
Incredible. One of my favorite ever bands.

Last edited:

vchizzle

That is a great change at the 2:00 mark. I’m glad they fixed the distorted mess in that YouTube link on Apple Music for that album. I’m not sure I’ve ever made it through the whole album because of lack of sonic quality. Will have to go back and listen now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom