Biggest Namm 2008 Letdown?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sluhsh, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sluhsh

sluhsh Member

Hi. What's yours?

I was hoping to hear about the MI Audio and FUCHS Plush pedals. Been in the hospital a week and get out yesterday and still nothing I can find....

Nothin' p's me off more than hype.

Oh by the way, I'm still waiting for the new Peavey Windsor Combo. NOT! I'm not waiting for Peavey ANYTHING, Mr. Peavey. Ever.

2. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

How can you be letdown by Namm 2008 if you weren't there? :confused:

3. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Supporting Member

Do a youtube search on Fuchs NAMM and check out the vids:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fuchs+NAMM&search=Search

Do a search here at TGP for NAMM , and there's tons of info. Seek and ye shall find.

4. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

My biggest let down? Not being able to get a pass. My source for passes dried up in 2003.

5. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

The fact that Mesa/Boogie didn't come out with anything except for the Fathom bass amp disappointed me...but I think they'll have something by summer NAMM.

6. sluhsh

sluhsh Member

Well silly me. Andy, I went to the FUCHS website to get an update. I also even tried Harmony Central NAMM coverage, their news release format seemed so inuitively easy to use. I'll check out that video at youtube, Andy. Thanks. And as far as being disappointed without going to NAMM, well, you can't mean to tell me, John, that you expect the show itself to be the only source of hype, now. Here's an example: try page 200 of the February 2008 Guitar Player.

7. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Supporting Member

Congrats on "Woodstock". lol.

Both the Fuchs and Plush Pedals sites are being worked-on as we speak. We changed webmasters and the site will hopefully be updated in the very near future. In the meantime our www.plush-pedals.com redirects to the Plush pedals myspace page.

8. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

My biggest letdown, but really joy is that there seems to be little news or buzz at all about much. So I can just get a few pedals I've wanted anyway and just make music. No new GAS in '08.

9. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

my bigest letdown was that In n' out buger was 2.3 miles away from the show. Anyone like the Double Double?

:)

10. Uma Floresta

Uma Floresta Senior Member

Only one new EXH - that steel leather S&M pedal or whatever it is. :(

11. Tonefish

Tonefish Member

Dude, calling gear makers out on something that is your own goof is not cool! I saw Fuchs Plush pedals on AnalgmanTom...er I mean Non Digital Tom's photo thread right here on TGP. Asking about something is one thing, but making false claims is bad mojo. Peace and be Cool!

12. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Not enough good pictures out there.

13. oxtone

oxtone Member

I had my first In n' Out Burger during this year's NAMM. I stayed with friends up in Pasadena, and the first thing he did was take me there. It was only 2 blocks from his apartment, so, we ate there a couple times. Good burgers and fries!

I also had the BEST Pastrami Sandwhich at "The Hat" in Pasadena. Was really tasty!!!!

Biggest dissapointment was not seeing EVERYTHING. I also got a free pass to see Satch and Gilbert up in Long Beach, but I couldn't go after all. Sigh...

14. Smakutus

Smakutus Member

In N' Out rules..

Jeff

15. oxtone

oxtone Member

I heard the MI Audio Crunch Box for the first time at NAMM - sounded great! Good Marshall-like overdrive with tight bass. Also heard the fabulous MI Audio "Revelation" amp! Was the best-sounding amp I tried at the show, not a bad tone in it at all. Michael has come up with a masterpiece!