• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bigsby B5 - T Install Question

megatonic

Gold Supporting Member
I'm installing a Bigsby B5-T on a tele.

Since the scale length is 25.5" I assume the ideal position for the bridgeplate would be where the bushing holes would be centered at 25.5", so that when the bridge slips into the bushings, it's center is also at 25.5", correct or no? I am having a problem in that the bridge pickup is hitting the front wall of the pickup route and not allowing the bridgeplate to be positioned at the correct distance 25.5" from the nut. It's exactly 1/4" too far away from where it should be for correct distance. So I would have to extend the pickup route toward the pickguard a bit, to allow proper placement of the bridgeplate?

damian1

I like to have the high e saddle in the middle of its travel at 25.5" from the front edge of the nut. This gives me room either way for intonation. Do you still have a fit problem like this? If so you're going to need to do a little routing. The bridge should cover a small amount of fudging.

megatonic

Gold Supporting Member
I like to have the high e saddle in the middle of its travel at 25.5" from the front edge of the nut. This gives me room either way for intonation. Do you still have a fit problem like this? If so you're going to need to do a little routing. The bridge should cover a small amount of fudging.
That was my thinking. Bigsby has no info on this in their instructions or in their YouTube video. As a matter of fact, the install of the bridge plate in their video is crooked.
After some measurement verification from another tgp member, we routed the pickup cavity a bit more to allow better positioning for accurate intonation.

Thanks for the help you guys!

Last edited:

Trending Topics