BigTone Music Brewery/BYOC TriBoost

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gururyan, Dec 2, 2005.

1. gururyan

gururyan Member

[​IMG]

Well, it's finally here. Keith built me a BYOC version of his BigTone Music Brewery TriBooster. I fell for the TriBooster over a year ago when Keith sent me his tourbox. I was mainly anticipating the arrival of his Anthology, but fell hard for this pedal instead. It's one sweet clean boost, I like the MosFET boost the most and plan to basically have this pedal on 97% of the time. It makes my tone sound soooo rich and clean, like what a guitar should sound like.

It takes a battery or power supply. It has three types of boost: Germanium, Silicon and MosFET. The germ setting allows you to utilize the full/treble toggle.

Here is the page for the BigTone Music Brewery version.
    Here is the page for the BYOC version.
    ...the only difference between the two is that the discontinued BigTone version had a sliding battery tray.

2. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Yeah very cool - I did the same thing , was jazzed for the Anthology and ended up really impressed with t he Triboost - not a bad setting on it....enjoy!

3. gururyan

gururyan Member

Yeah, I just spent the morning playing and wow, I really missed this thing. I may decide against using velcro and going with some Gorilla Glue® instead. Each setting really has it's own slight flavor. The germs give me the twang when I need it, the silicon gives me the throaty, nasal and the MosFET gives me more of everything but much clearer.

Considering I will basically leave it on at all times, I wonder where I should put it in the chain.

4. jero

jero Member

I have the older one (pre-BYOC era :) ) and agree, great boost. The only mode that doesn't get used is the germ mode, somehow I can't find a pleasing setting.

5. g-nem

g-nem Member

As much as the triboost sounds great, I am really curious about the gorilla glue! How do you use it- gluing pedals straight onto a board or something?

6. gururyan

gururyan Member

It was merely a figure of speech meaning I like it so much I could permanently attach it to my board for I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.
    ;)

7. g-nem

g-nem Member

LOL- I thought you had some superfunk pedalboard thing going!

8. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

:confused: I have one of his pre-BYOC Germ Treble Boosters with the CV7003 trannie and it's the fattest treble booster I've tried/heard!

9. gururyan

gururyan Member

I wonder why Keith stopped all the BigTone and only does the BYOC now. It seems that many know of his high quality, great sounding pedals from the BigTone days. I think I may have to ask him.

10. RUSHFANnLV

RUSHFANnLV Member

Man that looks like one hell of a boost pedal. Post some clips when you get a chance. I'm getting GAS again.

11. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I want one really bad. How long did it take to get to you after you ordered it?

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

12. gururyan

gururyan Member

He's become quite busy lately, if I remember correctly it took about two weeks from order to receipt. Of course this is because I had him build it/paint it. He kept me updated with emails on the progress of my pedal.

Get one man, it's a killer clean boost.

13. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

The BYOC mosfet boost is a copy of the AMZ Mosfet Booster -- the schematic and article is online at http://www.muzique.com/schem/mosfet.htm so feel free to check it yourself. :Spank

If you want a Mosfet Boost already assembled, Catalainbread sells excellent finished versions (authorized!) at http://www.catalinbread.com/picoso.html I do not charge him any royalties...

I sell pc boards for the AMZ Mosfet Booster at a decent price which includes instructions, a parts list and followup email support. Dig it:

http://www.muzique.com/

Best regards, Jack

14. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Thanks Jack, it always good to hear from a pro. You are the Godfather of this whole pedal thing.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

15. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

No, Craig Anderton is the Godfather... I am but a humble convert. :D

regards, Jack