Bill Frisell reccs?

ruger9

If I want to hear more of THIS kind of Frisell.....

...which is on his "Nashville" album, what albums should I be looking at? (I realize this came from his "Solos" DVD, which I will be getting... but also looking for ALBUM reccs that are in this vein.... I know Bill can be all over the map, stylistically.)

Last edited:

loiking

Bill released a solo guitar album called 'Ghost Town', could be a good place to start.

Aside from that, most of the stuff he's put out under his own name in the past 15 years has a more 'Americana' kind of direction than his 80's and 90's stuff.

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
One of the underrated gems in his discography was released under Ginger Baker's name about 20 years ago- "Going Back Home," a trio record with the late Charlie Haden. His sound didn't rely as heavily on delay as in the OP's clip, but the phrasing is unmistakable.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
One of the underrated gems in his discography was released under Ginger Baker's name about 20 years ago- "Going Back Home," a trio record with the late Charlie Haden. His sound didn't rely as heavily on delay as in the OP's clip, but the phrasing is unmistakable.
Yup. That's always the first album I recommend to someone looking to get into Frisell. Great stuff from front to back.
-
Austin

Trending Topics