Bill Nash Guitars Anybody??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by blakegrif, May 14, 2009.

1. televisual

televisual Supporting Member

Had one and it, as mentioned above, had such a bad bow in the neck the truss rod couldn't save it...I returned and have steered clear of Nash guitars ever since. YMMV.

2. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

What big name pro players gig his guitars with posted pics showing.

3. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

I have tried a couple of phenomenal playing and sounding Nash Strats. Also tried a couple of WTF's Heavy, somewhat resonant, and not a great feel Nash strats. the Danocasters I have tried were as good as those first strats I tried,(at Norms rare guitars), possibly better. And I don't give a hoot about relics other than they let you feel as if you can't cosmetically hurt the guitar. Looks aren't near as important as to how it plays and sounds. Kracdowns strat above???? I have seen the real deal in my time and they can look that damaged. Some of you might think sweat does all that. But it is the chemical makeup of the guy playing the guitar that determines how it will eventually look. And acidy PH guy is gonna remove finish after time. I am surprised he has never burned a peace sign in the wood or actually imitate a repair on the head stock. A butchered guitar that play like a dream and few new top end guitars hardly compete. I LIKE THAT!

4. Bing James

Bing James Member

I did a gig with Earl Slick at the Cutting Room in NYC. He played 2 Nash teles all night.
    Here's Slick, on the left on his Nash...I'm on the right playing a Fano SP6. ...and yes, that's Steve Holley (Ian Hunter, McCartney & Wings) on drums:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guQ3SE_EQQk

5. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

My problem is that I have to buy that lovely internet way. Humbucker music has a pile of them. I'm not interested in what kind of relic'ing is on there (I would prefer that it look 'worn' rather than 'sweat on constantly for 35 years'.)

It seems there are a great many 'good one's' rather than lemons, but it's a consideration.

I'm sold...just need to find the right time to pull the trigger.

6. aaronblues

aaronblues Supporting Member

7. aaronblues

aaronblues Supporting Member

You can see Coldplay's Buckland using a Nash Strat on their NBC special. Hour-long primetime music special, doesn't get bigger then that, yeah?

8. Kleio

Kleio Member

I played three or four Nash Strats at Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz this past Sunday. They were all very nice. Big fat necks, resonant unplugged, set up nicely, and the pickups (Lollar) sounded fantastic. I don't own one but I could see myself being very happy owning and gigging a Nash.
    Nels Cline has a Nash Tele in his regular rotation now.

9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Some of them do :)

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

I know that particular guitar well. Nice Nash Tele ...

11. FiestaRed869

FiestaRed869 Member

I would look into an MJT "build", I think you'll Be much happier. First off he's one of the best in the biz for authentic relicing. Second you can customize every aspect. Radius,frets,pickups,etc. He uses wildwood bodies, and you have the choice of musikraft,usacg, or all parts neck. The only thing is you need a quality luthier in your area to assemble and setup .total cost 1000-1500 depending on options, prob looking at 1300

12. Kleio

Kleio Member

It certainly sounds great in Nels' hands.
    Arc Angel, that's quite a list of artists associated with your product- very impressive.

13. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

The worst relic jobs on any actual company I've seen. This on top of a mediocre budget parts guitar but with good pickups. Really what is the attraction ???

14. mousepunk

mousepunk Member

Here is mine. I haven't heard danocasters, k-lines and the rest stuff yet, but this tele blows away every Fender tele i happened to play before. Bought it here in the Emporium :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  15. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

I have an MJT and a Nash. I like my MJT, but it's not better than the Nash.

16. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

We don't need to get into opinions of Relic'ing, viewpoints will wildly vary, so let's not go there.

But almost every one I've played just felt RIGHT. I guess I am past the place where it has to have 'the best bridge, frets, machines, wire, Nitro' whatever. If I close my eyes, how does it sound, feel, and play, and Nash 'gets it'.

But I'm thinking now that I may want a Strat. While I loved that Tele, I'm not sure I would play it as much as a Strat.

17. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

If Nash guitars really shine in their initial setup and playability, I could live with some 'not so great' relicing. :)

18. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Many thanks. We've got some new surprises coming as well ...

Nels' Nash is very nice. Feels and sounds really good.

He's also got a few interesting Teles from a builder down in Florida (St. Clair) that are great (as do a couple of the other Wilco guys).

19. NelDGT

NelDGT Member

I'm really considering his S-81 guitars. I've been looking for a hot-rodded San Dimas style start.

20. Eskimo_Joe

Eskimo_Joe Rocker, roller, way out of controller

I have S57 from Nash that kicks the ass of any Fender strat I've ever played in my life.