• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Billy Zoom is fighting cancer

phoghat

Apologies if this has already been posted (did a search and didn't see anything). Rockabilly/punk genius, amp guru and all-around amazing human being Billy Zoom is looking at a hard fight and needs some help. Here's his Go Fund Me page for his cancer treatments.
http://www.gofundme.com/yx66a4

Let's take care of one of our own.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
There was a thread but it appears to have been deleted for some reason. I wish him all the best in his fight and recovery.

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, love Billy and had the pleasure of taking with him after an X show, I will def donate and share this.

Last edited:

Misterbulbous

that's sad. I'll never forget seeing him on live TV in the '80's. Had no idea who he was at the time but what a bad-ass stage presence.

WorkinSteamin

Earlier today I found the Breathless/Letterman video having never seen it. (Smokin' performance preceded by an amazingly cringeworthy interview.) I was at a countless number of their concerts. The Whiskey, Roxy, Starwood, later the Greek. And I see there is a reason that X was my favorite when I was in my 20s. Quite frankly Billy Zoom might be the one of the world's great guitarists (and showman of course) in the one of the greatest bands ever. Let's wish him a full and speedy recovery. X wailed (and still do).

Last edited:

bullet6759

I will give he is very inspirational to me in his playing style and amp knowledge. He has always responded with an answer when asked a question on the gretsch forums. Get well Billy.

jhc

I'm guessing some of you have seen this:

Hey Gang,
A big heartfelt thanks for me and the X gang! Zoom was pretty moved. He went home and wrote this last night after the show. Thanks again. Really. You all made a difference!
Mike

My family and I are overwhelmed and deeply humbled by the outpouring of money, love, and support that we’ve received over past 24 hours. Facing months of cancer treatment is tough, but not as tough as worrying about taking care of my family through it all. We still hadn’t completely recovered financially from my last bout with cancer and I really wasn’t sure, aside from lots of prayer, how I was going to manage to keep our home and family together through this. Our twins turned nine years old last week, and I’ll be missing our entire touring season this year because of my treatments.

Our most heartfelt thanks go out to those of you who have contributed to our wellbeing so that our energies may be concentrated on beating this and reassuring our children that their daddy is going to be ok.

Again, heartfelt thanks to all of you from myself and my family.
BZ

docgorpon

He is amazing. I was going to donate anyway. But the 9 year old twins really touches me. I have 7 year old twins, myself.

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member
One of my favorite guitar players. Donated $ and bought the "support Billy" shirt.
I donated last week but where did you get the shirt? I haven't found an online link for that yet. Thanks.

Trending Topics