1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday Pedals Suggestions!?!?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rhythmisnothing, Oct 16, 2005.

1. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing Member

My Current setup

MIM Standard Strat --> Lovepedal Magicboy --> Traynor YCV50blue ==>footswitch(clean/overdrive/overdrive with boost)

I have about 100 dollars I can spend, and I'll be getting 200 dollars in birthday money.
    so a total of about 300 dollars
    I don't want to spend it all on one pedal though

Any pedals I should look at?

I like playing....
    Jeff Beck
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix
    And I play a LOT at my church

2. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

The visual sound H2O is a good pedal that offers chorus and delay (actually echo). Used they run $130 to $150, not bad to cover two effects that you may use pretty often.

By the way, I really enjoyed the juxtaposition of the last line in your post with the line in your sig. That must be some church :RoCkIn

3. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing Member

haha

4. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

I'd definately say you should pick up a fuzz of some kind... Analogman Sunface is a popular one for vintage sounds and high reliability, and definately help you nail some of your fav artist's classic sounds.

Any fuzz face inspired pedal would do though... there are TONS to check out.

www.pedalgeek.com has an amazing selection, give the sight a look, see what tickles your fancy then post what you're interested in, you'll get lots of opinions on your choices and more suggestions relating to what you want.

-TJK

5. erksin

erksin Member

You need a wah...

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

Hey, I see you're in Norman! I'm at OU. What church do you play at? I second getting a delay. I love my DD-20.

7. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing Member

Hey man, I go to New Life Bible Church off of Flood street(that turns into highway 77)

**** man we need to jam

8. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing Member

I am on the first batch for this one dudes bigcheese clones on the HC forums =)

so the fuzz is covered for now, I think

9. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing Member

So I'm thinking....

Some sort of wah (maybe a morley2) --> bigcheese clone --> magicboy --> delay --> amp

sound good? =)

10. Ryan

Ryan Member

If you're going to snag a wah I'd cast a vote for one of the Fulltone Clydes, I've head good things. Before I knew about tone I gave a friend a Morley Bad Horsie 2, and it was not good. (Didn't know that at the time.) Sucked tone like no other, and just bad tone all-around. That, of course, is to my ears now, and yours may differ.

I've been to New Life when it was at Boyd & Berry. I go to Norman Community Church now. How do you like your new building? We should jam, man; my amp needs some crankin, and you can give my DD-20 a try.

11. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing Member

Hey man, the new building is blasting.

Yeah I'm not 100% on the morley2, but I know I need a wah soon.

Give me a email or a call 408-2432 and we can jam dude

12. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

Nice rig

Don't muddy it up with too many pedals... maybe a nice wah... but you could definately use a peterson strobostomp

13. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing Member

I'm not much of a pedal-tuner person.

I like being in tune, but I usually tune up to the bassist, or the bassist tunes to me if I jam, so we are in tune together even if we are slightly off

14. Ryan

Ryan Member

Danger will robinson! Being in tune is a non-negotiable. If nothing else, pick up the Boss TU-2. BTW, I'll give you a shout later this week.