• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Bite & Grind enthusiasts, what's your favorite rig?

singlecutarmy

Whether it's angry sounding blues, rock or metal, what do you like to get all that bite and grind, from guitar and pickups to amp?

IanRubbish

My favorite so far is my PRS Custom 24 with Seymour Duncan Alpha Omega pickups into the Mesa Mark V. I took an older Custom and decked it out ala Mark Holcomb so I could get that really snarly gain tone and it did the trick. I'm usually on the Mark iic+ or Mark iv setting to get that really dirty sound. I don't really need any pedals to get where I'm going, but sometimes I will add the mythical overdrive with the gain at 0, tone around 2 o'clock and the output up, it removes any roundness left from the sound.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Never tried entering an IG video before so don't know if it'll play, but I was just having some fun with my old Byrdland - it may be officially a jazz guitar but this thing sounds unbelievably raunchy with the amp cranked!

Otherwise it's generally bridge pickup on a 335 with a Pro Co Rat for me, big fan of that sound.

IanRubbish

Never tried entering an IG video before so don't know if it'll play, but I was just having some fun with my old Byrdland - it may be officially a jazz guitar but this thing sounds unbelievably raunchy with the amp cranked!

Otherwise it's generally bridge pickup on a 335 with a Pro Co Rat for me, big fan of that sound.
Love that song. I never get tired of playing it.

singlecutarmy

Something about jazz guitars get really raunchy when cranked. Especially 335 types I find, my Ibanez Artcore had a lot of it.

Trending Topics