Bivalve opinions?

  • Thread starter d!minishedlogic
  • Start date
D

d!minishedlogic

Hey everyone!

I was wondering what you guys thought about a THD Bivalve for a fusion tone similar to Gambale's tone and Garsed's tone. and i Know Brett Garsed uses the flexi. Also if i could have some help with the settings it would be great. thanks!
 

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
23,723
Actually Brettg also uses a Univalve, and is waiting for a BiValve.
What guitar and cab are we talking here?
 

Deaj

Member
Messages
4,674
The BiValve is capable of producing some great fusion tones. I loved the BiValve with 6K6s and a lower gain driver through a Emi Red Fang in a sealed 1x12 - stellar tones there! I also just played a BV running EL84s via Yellow Jackets and it sounded great.
 

Ogre

Member
Messages
4,652
I think it is a great sounding amp, and capable(with tube swaps) of many flavors. I find the Univalve to be buzzy and low end deficient, but this is not the case with the Bivalve. Strongly recommended!
 
D

d!minishedlogic

we're talking about an avatar cab potentially filled with governers????????????? not sure yet. 2x12...... ED YOU RULE!!!!!
 

Mark C

Member
Messages
4,417
The Bivalve kicks butt. Wish I could have afforded to have kept mine. One thing a lot of people forget to mention is that you can run one power tube in the Bivalve. I ab/ed it with a univalve and although there were differences, they weren't big enough for me to warrant having both. So I sold the univalve, and of course, then I had to sell the bivalve. I'm starting to sound like procos!:eek:
 

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
23,723
Originally posted by d!minishedlogic
we're talking about an avatar cab potentially filled with governers????????????? not sure yet. 2x12...... ED YOU RULE!!!!!
What are governors again Greenback clones?
 
D

d!minishedlogic

dunno, lol. doug roccaforte and a few other amp builders seem to be going crazy for teh new eminence stuff. but i'll check out your clips. thanks ed! get a record deal or something! but i'm not quite sure what to do still....
 

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
23,723
Originally posted by d!minishedlogic
dunno, lol. doug roccaforte and a few other amp builders seem to be going crazy for teh new eminence stuff. but i'll check out your clips. thanks ed! get a record deal or something! but i'm not quite sure what to do still....
Seeing that Fusion is what I do, I would use only a V30 with the BiValve. No matter what some other amp builder thinks on the Emmies.
I have them in 4x12s, 2x12s and the iso cab. And those are the speakers I use for it.
The only caveat would be our 2x12 that I would get loaded with our Vintage 12 speakers.
 
D

d!minishedlogic

i'll definatly buy the hellatones then. lol i'm hearing it from Ed ****ing DeGenaro. man you sound great btw! Would you recommend it in 1 x 12, 2 x 12, or 4 x 12
 

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
23,723
Originally posted by d!minishedlogic
i'll definatly buy the hellatones then. lol i'm hearing it from Ed ****ing DeGenaro. man you sound great btw! Would you recommend it in 1 x 12, 2 x 12, or 4 x 12
2x12...in a 4x12 mix 'em, with Greenbacks.
 
D

d!minishedlogic

you think a 4x12 will sound better than a 2 x 12? perhaps i should get a 2x12 run it one end of my carvin tube power amp :) with one set of tubes that suit the sound better, and run another 2x12 of the greenbacks with a different set of tubes (yes the power amp has pre amp tubes :)-)) a 4 x 12 aint to portable for a littlun' like me'self.


ed you rock!!!!!!!:dude keep playin man you sound incred!
 

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
23,723
Originally posted by d!minishedlogic
you think a 4x12 will sound better than a 2 x 12? perhaps i should get a 2x12 run it one end of my carvin tube power amp :) with one set of tubes that suit the sound better, and run another 2x12 of the greenbacks with a different set of tubes (yes the power amp has pre amp tubes :)-)) a 4 x 12 aint to portable for a littlun' like me'self.


ed you rock!!!!!!!:dude keep playin man you sound incred!
A 4x12 with two Greenie on top and two V30s on bottom? You betcha! Preferably wired as an 8 ohm cab.
 




Trending Topics

Top