• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

bizarre body carve

CanuckChris

Agree that whoever did it, did a good job of it, definitely not a hack job. It would be interesting to play to see if there were any contour/hand issues. Cool art conversation piece to have at the very least.

Drak

Brilliant. Creative genius at work.
The multiple levels of pre-planning all the way to successful execution that went into that
is nothing short of breathtaking.
That, sirs, is real gawdawmn talent.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Now that’s the extreme German Carve;):). I like it. Pickguard is to large for the body though.....

Madguitrst

That seems like it would not only be uncomfortable for the right hand/arm, it looks like carpal tunnel waiting to happen. Thanks, but I'll just poke my eyes out instead,

Rossi163

Silver Supporting Member
I kinda like it. And it was obviously well executed. Someone with skill did that carve.

Mr Fingers

Having the top edge of the bridge plate elevated where it is seems like an unpleasant physical aspect of this design. Like most, I like some carved guitars and dislike others. The mark of a good one, for me, is that at the very least the 3D contours suit playing. I keep looking at the way the bridge juts out on this one and see it as detrimental, unless you're one of those guys who rests his hands on the bridge all the time. It's a really ugly disconnect between hardware and wood contour. The guitar looks well executed, though it doesn't appeal to me.

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
You know, it's nice to see someone trying something new, that I personally don't hate. I don't hate this, but of ALL the body shapes to try this contour treatment with..... a Tele??? This is screaming for an offset body.

Trending Topics