BJF Candy Apple vs. Pink Purple Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JKoeth, Feb 3, 2006.

1. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Hey guys,

I know the general descriptions and have heard the clips. I'd love to hear your experiences with each. The Candy Apple seems very interesting.

How do they stack? Are they both silicon?

2. basscracker

basscracker Guest

yeah?

3. morgan

morgan Guest

I've had both. The CAF is kinda like a fuzz factory lite in a way (but easier to control with the single nature knob), it can go to extreme fuzz, it can do out there karrangy fuzz with that sorta fall apart breakup. It can do some more normal fuzz tones, but it excels at the wierder aspects. Very fun pedal. The PPF is a more of fuzz/overdrive. Killer tones from that thing, medium gain, darker, but with tons of articulation and bite. It's a great kinda gnarly rock pedal. Sounds incredible on neck pickups. It more depends on what you're looking for...

4. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

yeah they are sort of two halves of a whole......

take all the fuzz tones and put the eccentric ones on one side (thats the CAF side)

and put the reasoned sculpted oned on the other (thats t he PPF)

and then the give each just enough of the other so theres a wide variety of usefulness

5. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Which of the two would stack better with the EGDM and HB?

6. Seegs

Seegs Member

I stack a PPF with a HB and its a phenominal combo...the PPF is just really smooth and articulate and can do high gain or od...it has become my goto pedal...I use the HB to soften it a bit when needed...

the CAF ís more jagged sounding and when you play higher on the neck you get the upper octave thing going on...

on some settings it gated and just really wacky and kind of unpredictable...a really fun box which also has some normal settings based on where you set the nature knob...around 11 oc I think...

the PPF can conform to your style and you can make it fit what you do whereas with the CAF I found I had to conform to it...it told me where it wanted me to go and someday I will own one!!

Chow,
    Seegs

7. EXP

EXP Member

i dont own the CAF, but i just got the PPF yesterday and i love it already. stacked with a Maxon OD-820 and fuzz at 1 o clock, its instant early Hendrix. i am shocked how close it gets to Manic Depression, Foxy Lady,any off first LP. also similar sounds from BBC Sessions(Daytripper, Drivin' South).

Hendrix might not be everybodys thing, but its mine:)
    and that enough has sold me. this is the last fuzz ill ever buy(so i say:rolleyes:)

btw, this is through a Super Reverb!:eek:

8. Teahead

Teahead Member

Is the "nature" knob a bias control of sorts, on either or both of these pedals?

9. jero

jero Member

no, on the ppf it's more of a toneshaping kind of control, it allows you to go from dark, warm fuzz face tone to more jangly kind of fuzz tones. However, you can't compare it to a normal tone control, which only seems to adjust treble. This one also adjusts lows and mids. In no way it's the same as the usual bias control.

10. morgan

morgan Guest

Both stack well into a honey bee. But then pretty much anything goes well into the HB. Not sure about the EGDM.

11. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Hey fellas,

I just posted a thread about the similarities/differences between the Lovepedal BBB and the 2 BJF Fuzzes. If anyone's compared the BBB, I'd love to know what you think.

12. rocketride

rocketride Member

Check out some clips if you want at www.thesegoto11.se
    I recorded the them to show the differences of the BJF fuzzes.
    Also included is the MP deep blue delay in the fuzz examples.
    I'll soon start posting stacks.

Thanks for your time

Sebastian