1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

BJF Emerald Green Distortion/FTR-37 Clips

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by themusicboxstudios, Dec 17, 2005.

1. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

Hey guys, just recorded some quick clips for you. This is my Divided by 13 FTR 37 w/ my stock USA fender tele and my BJF EGDM. The beginning of the clip is just the clean channel on my amp @ noon w/ the mid boost engaged ... second part is the EGDM over the clean ... and the third part is the low gain input on the click channel of my ftr37 @ 11 o clock.

The EGDM was set with the volume @ 3 ... Voice @ 10 ... Dist all the way off.

SM57 on each speaker (blue+g12h) off center, angled (25 degrees or so) towards the cone

As last time, my clips aren't to show my skills, but more to be informative and help you guys when you're shopping, i understand the timing is all over the place ... but i'm hungry and it's really hot in my room, so i'm not thinking straight hahah ...

Notice how responsive the pedal is and how similar it sounds to the click channel, as well as how it retains the low end

Here you go:

http://www.members.cox.net/jonathanobrien/EGDM.mp3

2. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

really nice tones mang! You must be happy with that pedal! I should get one, quick! How did you point the mics at the speakers? what angles etc

3. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Sounds very cool, I'm really looking forward to receiving mine!

4. themusicboxstudios

thanks guys, the clips don't do the pedal justice ... it's freaking awsome

5. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Really keeps the original tone and bottom. Good clips. Your next amp: RSA23!!!!!!!

6. themusicboxstudios

haha GAT, ya it is a great pedal, but i really think the rsa31 is my next amp ... i'm a big fan of all of fred's amps but i felt as is if i had alot of the 23's tones covered with my ftr37. i'm glad you're loving your 23. it's an amazing amp.

7. themusicboxstudios

hmm, i thought more people would appreciate this, esp. with all the hype about it lately.

8. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

Very nice.

You have the distortion off on the pedal? Is all the gain coming from overdriving the preamp or does the Emerald Green have that much distortion even when it's turned down?

9. themusicboxstudios

well, i'm already pushing the amp pretty hard ... and since i have the volume up so high on the EGD, it's kind of like a clean boost ... but it definately adds a good amount of dirt.

10. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

Your clips sound great but they don't sound like the clips that I listened to on the Custom-Sounds web site. Yours I like.

11. themusicboxstudios

i think that the trick is all in the treble trim pot that's inside the pedal ... i would have never kept this pedal if it didn't have that pot to match with my amp.

12. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

The EGDM clips that I've found don't do it justice at all. Especially on Musictoyz. It's so versatile that I replaced my Timmy and another very popular OD with it. It can be nearly as transparent as the timmy with a flavor of vox the way that Curehardy has it set. Those 3 little knobs can really cover alot of ground.

13. themusicboxstudios

totally true, i'll try recording some clips of the higher gain settings once i get my rig back upstairs ... my back is aching