BJF Honey Bee new launch

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by BJF, Oct 21, 2017.

1. BJF

BJF Member

Hi There,

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hi There,

So today the launch of One Control Honey Bee.
    This was my fourth model added to BJF-line 2002. This is a low gain device designed to do dynamic overdrive and in memory of small amplifiers that neither has relatively enough distortion or treble and that give in to distortion when you strike hard.
    The low gain nature of Honey Bee has made it popular partly among jazz musicians becuase of the way distortion can be controlled and be made to mimic small amplifiers similar to early jazz recordings but the Honey Bee has also gain popularity
    with many other kinds of musicians and has even been used on snaredrum; while the low gain nature of Honey Bee also lends it self well to stacking with other pedals and for instance to smooth out fuzzes with bright amplifiers.
    Honey Bee has been produced by BJF Electronics since its release in December 2002 up until today and it has seen mainly four revisions.
    Honey Bee production history
    Issue 1 was the lowest gain and also had fairly low output.
    Revision 1, increased output level
    Intermediate version was made in 14 units using low current green LED’s and some variations were made with a little less bass.
    Revision 2 more upper midrange was added
    Revision 3 came about as a Rocka-Billy guitarist asked for more ’seethrough treble’ and thus full clockwise rotation of Nature control was changed from mild treblecut to mild treble boost. This revision occoured at approximately serialnumber 147
    Revision 4 was added 2017 giving the circuit 6dB more gain-something asked for since the initial release in 2002. This gives Drive control more range same low gain but more gain on tap.

Extended history:
    In Februari 2011 the first attempt at wider spreading of Honey Bee begun with launch of Bearfoot and the initial idea was to have as close as possible to BJF Honey Bee made and widening the availability and the last years have shown a fair success at that though and express line was planned in 2016 to make a product better aligned to distribution
    Now in October 2017 launch of mass produced Honey Bee commences and I am proud to say that I am very happy with the outcome and the One Control edition combines all three major revisions and so in all modes there’s a gain increase of 6dB and it comes with a toggle that selects Vintage and Modern and in that controls partly what happens at Nature control full rotation and so in Modern mode theres a slight treble boost, in modern mode circuit also has the revision 2 upper midrange; in Vintage mode filtering is as in revision 1 and Nature control on full gives slight treble cut while the OC version has 6dB more gain.
    It is my belief that the One Control version captures all major revisions and allows sound from all revision and the One Control edition is made so that it can be distributed worldwide.

Meanwhile back at the Bearfoot plant business continues as usual and production will stay the same and availability be the same through selected dealers.

For BJF the advent of the One Control Honey Bee is major step that not only allows distributed availabilty worldwide of Honey Bee but it also signals a new phase of larger encloser One Control BJF series and a Brave New Future

Have fun
    BJ

this post contains Mr Distorted’s Opinion

"What It Is" Steven Bruton

"The Truth Is Unbelievable"

Affiliations
    BJF Electronics
    Sweden
    Companies I do designs for in no particular order
    www.bjfe.org
    www.lundgren.se
    http://www.one-control.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LouderAndMore
    www.bearfootfx.com

No longer affiliated with MP Amplification Ltd while MP Amplification Ltd will continue to produce 42 products my designs have resulted in

roknfnrol, geek-mo, Prince and 7 others like this.
  2. Distortion-Bros

Distortion-Bros Gold Supporting Member

3. Johndandry

Johndandry Supporting Member

Awesome!
    What will be the street price and when will
    it be available in the US?

shredus likes this.
  4. shredus

shredus Member

All affiliations aside I can say this is the bees knees! :banana

I have tried many bees and have kept two favorites.. I tried this new bee both during and after prototyping and can honestly say it does exactly what you want it to :rockin

friend33 likes this.
  5. BJF

BJF Member

Hi There,

Approximate street price in USA is expected to be 200USD

First batch is sold out in Japan and northen EC and dealers in northen EC expected to have stock in about a week-not sure about preorders on those, but next batch is on its way-not sure when US dealers may have stock, but could be at best another week or so.

Have fun
    BJ

Affiliations
    BJF Electronics
    Sweden
    www.bjfe.org
    www.lundgren.se
    www.bearfootfx.com

No longer affiliated with MP Amplification Ltd while MP Amplification Ltd will continue to produce 42 products my designs have resulted in

6. Takk

Takk Member

Where is it made?

monkmiles and Don Rusk like this.
  7. joeleric26

joeleric26 Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Huh ... I just learned something.

I just sold serial number 147 a couple of months ago. I had owned it for about 10 years prior to that.

[​IMG]

8. BJF

BJF Member

Hi there,

Well joeleric26 I am always happy to help

Slow reply here but any in response OC factory is located in China. I can say I am very pleased with their work and their communication level and one thing that makes end product work is that I do get prototypes to approve until I am pleased.
    Things change when you work in smd also on such levels as inter capacitance since everything is in the same plane, but I have learnt it takes also to know the parts that can be used and those differ from what is available through hole so it’s a back to the school bench at times but really it is progress.
    The day I stop learning I’ll hang up my workcoat for good

Right so One Control Honey Bee should be available in USA by now here’s a demo comparing with an original BJF Honey Bee by excellent Hasse Johansson:

And here’s a demo by mr One Control BJF series ambassador in USA Jay Leonard

And there will be a newsletter every first wednessday every month
    BJ

Affiliations
    BJF Electronics
    Sweden
    www.bjfe.org
    www.lundgren.se

No longer affiliated with sales of Bearfoot fx pedals

roknfnrol, TEW and Holzar88 like this.