BJF Honeybee

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TheLemon, Jul 9, 2008.

1. TheLemon

TheLemon Senior Member

I just watched a video of it and it sounds like the best light overdrive Ive ever heard! So transparent and amp-like with just the right amount of hair and grit.
    Does anyone know if BJF/Mad Professor are going to release a copy of it like the newer ones that have came out?
    Or does any other pedal sound like this? I havent heard a Tim/Timmy before but would like to know.

2. hurleysurf

hurleysurf Member

Supposedly no other pedal really competes with what this pedal does (especially the Tim/Timmy which is more of a clean-ish boost/OD). Its supposed to mimic a little old Supro amp turned up real loud like Page did with the early Zep stuff. I'm hoping one pops up in the Emporium sometime soon, cause it will hopefully be my next pedal purchase. And MP may come out with a copy, but I surely wouldn't count on it. Most of the new MPs coming out now seem to be as expensive or more expensive than their counterparts anyway. See if you can't snag one from custom-sounds.com. Email 'em to get on the list. I got on the list for a PGC only like 3 weeks ago and got my email today that they had one. Too bad I bought a second hand only just last week... I have ZERO patience. ;)

3. lambro

lambro Supporting Member

I think the Little Green Wonder gets in the Honey Bee territory, but with the LGW drive backed way off

I've played both side by side

4. H_V_C

H_V_C Member

I respectfully disagree. I think they are VERY VERY different pedals. While both clean up very well, they have a totally different dynamic response. The timbre of the drive is very very different too.

to the OP, I hope MP does do a Honey Bee version, but I don't know how easily the circuit could be mass produced. An amazing pedal.

5. TheLemon

TheLemon Senior Member

Thanks for that site info hurleysurf I deffinatly want on that list.

I really hope they mass produce them. Has anyone tried to study and copy the circuit? This pedal is really GASing me