1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

BJF shopping spree!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by solo-act, Feb 9, 2006.

1. solo-act

solo-act Member

I've been MIA gang, but I'm back & I ordered the SBEQ, HB, and LGW today with some of my money from a recent career change.

After 8 years gigging for a living as a solo act, the fall of '05 I went into insurance adjusting to help tip the financial balance in my favor. Hurricane season comes on when the gigs slow down in the fall, so far its working out great. I can do music on my own terms now, and when I am home, all my time is my own....no job in the way of the music (until the next catastrophe of course...ha ha)

My first storm was Katrina for 3.5 months, then a storm in California, but now I'm back until the big storms spin up again. Good to be home. Gigs are waiting for me already...which brings me back to my post.

I use a Fuchs 30, and I do variety covers, and I want to add a couple more flavors to the great OD I already have. The reviews have been great on BJF, so I'm checking out these three. If I have the time, I'll drop a note on how they sound in FuchsVille.

--E

2. Craise

Craise Member

Glad you made it through safe! You are going to love your pedals. I own a LGW, HB, DR and EGDM and they all kill. Not a bad tone can be had from them. IMHO ! They are pricey but as with most things you have to pay for quailty and service. I feel they are investments in my tone, and plan on using them for many many years to come. Have fun!

BJFe Rocks (I just love this little guy!)
    :dude:dude:dude:dude:dude:dude:dude:dude:dude:dude

3. solo-act

solo-act Member

Actually I modified my order:

Went with Emerald Green Distortion Machine, Honey Bee, and Little Green Wonder. Looking forward to hearing them.

Thanks Dean! (PinkStrat)
    -E

4. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

Sweet Jesus, I LOVE my freakin' Honey Bee. I'm not a religious man, but AMEN AMEN to the TONE of this little beast . You will love yours, for sure.
    I yearn for the EGDM and Pink Purple Fuzz now. I have a feeling I've developed a severe addiction which will end up costing me dearly. Hurrah! and congrats on the order!

5. webb

webb Member

This is good news, I have a Honey Bee coming my way:) I know what you mean, I am a confirmed pedal junky and lately my drug of choice is BJF and Lovepedals.

6. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

Spring just a little more and get the Dyna Red as well. Oh My! I have the others as well, you might as well do it right Oh yeah, and the Pale Green Compressor.

Just saw you modifed your order. SBEQ a must at the end of the chain, what is Dean thinking! Sorry, I've kinda turned into BJF freak. These pedals ROCK my world.

7. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

Yes order is very important and most of these pedals ability to do multiple duty means lots of stacking and order possibilities .... especially things like the HB and SBEQ CAN go about anywhere and be useful.....
    the LGW can do many different things and you can change the chip to further tweek it for a specific posisiton....

and things like the PPF and DRD are very compatible but give different flavors depending on which ones first obviously......

lotsa options:) :YinYang

8. jivebaby

jivebaby Member

The ability to stack the BJF pedals is one of their greatest assests. I run the SBEQ last just cause it seems to make everything sound so much better. It also allows you to get much more consistant sound and volume from your other boosts, overdrives, fuzzes and distortion boxes. I run my bjfs
    LGW - PPF - HD - DRD - SBEQ seems to give me lots of stacking options.

Mike

9. solo-act

solo-act Member

This is so cool getting support comments and ideas.
    Dean suggested stacking EGDM into HB into LGW.

I've been very curious how people with strats are using the SBEQ to modify/enhance their sound. Also curious how many strat users are combining SBEQ with the Honey Bee.

From what I've read so far, BJF is especially unique (other than tone & approach) because all the pedals stack with a synergy you don't find in other manufacturers. And that stimulates the imagination of players at all levels.

Not to mention it increases sales exponentially......hang in there Bjorn!!

--E

10. solo-act

solo-act Member

I didn't hear from any SBEQ/Strat owners on that last post. So I'm adding a SBEQ to my order based on what I've read here at TGP.

So.... EGDM > HB > LGW > SBEQ that should keep me busy for a while!

--E

11. drolling

drolling Member

You will love the SEaBlue. There's nothing else quite like it. Stacks very well w/just about everything. Wish I had two!