BJF Yellow Trem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mojoman, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Hey guys,
    I just won one of these off of e-bay and am pretty excited by it. Anyone have any experience? Did a search and only Donner ever commented on this pedal.....so I am sure he can give me a litttle more insight here:D
    I also need to say that these BJF pedals are like a crack addiction. 3 weeks ago I had never played through a BJF pedal.....then you guys all got me to get an SBEQ and thanks to Dean, I had it in about a week......kicked my butt.....so e-mailed Dean again about a Honey Bee....talked to him a little about it and figured I had to try it.....so I get it yesterday and man is it amazing....the most responsive pedal I have EVER played through. Can go from sweet to growl just with the touch of your pick.......
    Then I saw a Emerald Green Distortion on the board for a good price and it is on its way (please be here tomorrow:cool: ) amd mo I won this.
    So from never trying on to four in 3 weeks.......BJF IS CRACK!!!!!

2. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

let me know if the EGD isn't for you please ;).

3. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Ha - welcome to the crackpipe, uh I mean welcome to the cult uhhhhhh ~~~ woohooo:D

yeah BJF actually means 'buy more crack' in swedish,,,shh dont tell anyone tho....

I just got my SBEQ and Hone Bee in the mail today back from loan and I cant wait til tommorrow........

uh, the Trem if memory serves was BJs very first pedal..
    rare bjfs page
    (scroll down the page)

its a good one - Ill let you enjoy smokin it yourself :cool:

4. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

I too am a 5 cent crack whore. SBEQ led to EGDM led to HB.

Hey, Donner. I'm messing with the EGDM (my fave) into the HB (got it yesterday). I'm using the EGDM for my main drive sound and then using the HB for leads. How do you set yours for this purpose?

I'm wondering if the HB was the right choice for this application. I haven't found the right settings for using the HB by itself yet. I'm not sure if it's the best match for my Tophat Club Royale.

Maybe the RRB?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts...

5. Mojoman

Anyone else have any comments?

6. Don Rusk

hey JK, try running t hat BBB into the HB...

yeah RRB into HB gives it more life and presence

EGD into HB can be really tasty , the HB can ease the edge and make it bigger sounding at t he same t ime - start with HB nature about 11 oclock and dirt about noon....

EGD voice control will often be about where the dirt conrol is , it adjusts the voice of the pedal to about where the corresponding drive setting is, takes alittle getting used to....

and if your using the HB after then you can use the SBEQ before EGD as a 'top boost' a little treble boost and a little bass reduction can do wonder to refocus the whole thing......

of course keep an ear on what the amp is adding, a good thing to do first is just run the SBEQ at unity EQ (no change) and then check it at increasing volume and see where the amp starts to compress and distort on its own,,,, and then depending on if your distrotion level boost takes you over that spot you may need less distortion than you think............

oh and the Tremolo is really good too - but it will lead o a mint green mini vibe soon
    :D now thats an addictive sound.;)

7. Mojoman

Oh man don't say that Donner! That things over $400!

8. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Thanks Donner! I will mess with things tomorrow...

9. telebuck

telebuck Supporting Member

THe SBEQ, HB, and EGDM sound like a popular combination... and one I just completed with an EGDM buy off the forum. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use these... and how to integrate them with my other OD/boost pedals. .. a keeley rat, and a landgraff DO. I also have a java boost which I like to use as both a clean boost with strats, and a treble boost with humbuckers. I think I've got maybe 1 too many at this point. :)

Love the BJF pedals, and the great advice I get here!

10. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

My guess...

Java>EGDM>HB>SBEQ

I've heard that the java into the EGDM is fantastic. I miss my Java...

11. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

Dude......that board is killin' me! Talk about lotsa' different OD/distortion/fuzz flavors...:dude

Can I trouble you for an A/B comparision of the Eternity and the EGDM?
    Oh, what is the Purple Plum? Don't think I've seen that one before.

Luuuucky!

12. Mojoman

JofZ....
    That boaord is AMAZING!!!!
    Can you tell use about some of the pedals.....like that MGMV?
    Thanks/

13. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

BJF is crack. I love my EGDM.

Interestingly enough I wonder what EGDM stacked with EGDM would sound like.

I'll probably have a HB on the way soon as well. Congrats on the EBay win.

14. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

Hard to ignore the Murph in the corner of that shot and the germino it goes into. Secretly J, when you go to work, God comes to your house and plays all day. :)

15. Don Rusk

Beeeauty! J ,,,, tho so far Ive been able to talk myself out of getting a bigger board --- your no help:D !!!!

16. Mojoman

JofZ,
    Thanks for the response......could you also just run through the whole signal chain? The Order and all the pedals that are on there?
    Thanks!

17. Mojoman

Thanks.....so you put the MGMV up near the front of your chain? What made you choose here? Does it get you different sounds that are useful?
    Right now I have a Sweetsound Mojovibe and I am running to after the dirt boxes and right before delay......

18. Mojoman

Thanks JofZ......think that is going to be my next BJF pedal!

19. Don Rusk

Yeah the MGMV still amazes me, I still havent found anything that does that too....

when playing it clean it sounds more like a 3D trem, and then run it into a distortion and it does some Trower/Too Roling Stoned stuff....... and it makes the signal sound better even with the vibe turned all the way down, a nice slight enhancement, which is why I think it sounds so good and still keeps your guitars sound........its not just a modulator its an enhancer ~~~ :cool: