• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BJFE Candy Apple Gold vs. Musket...

The Jungles

Smuggler of Funk
I'm thinking of getting back on the Fuzz Train after not using one since my early 90's Digitech Classic Fuzz... I am looking at either the Gold Candy Apple or Musket so far... anyone want to sway me either way, or towards something I'm missing? - I don't really want to spend $400 on a Fuzzbox but other than that I'm open minded. - Thanks!

dpgreek

Silver Supporting Member
Musket is amazing. You can roll back top row of controls and good a good muff style going. Or tweak bottom row and start futzin with the top row and get a nice fuzz. Great value and pedal

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
Candy Apple is great too. Putting the N knob at 12:00 for the octave (which tracks well all over the neck, and you can use it with just a little or a lot of fuzz thrown in), is worth the price of admission. Also, a good value if you get one used, or a good price on the monthly parachute sale. By the way, the Silver is great too.

The Jungles

Smuggler of Funk
Thanks guys - This sounds like a pretty even matchup so far which is kind of what I was expecting since they are both awesome pedals from what I've read/heard.

It sounds like the main differentiator is the octave effect on the CAR which is one of the things that was making me lean that way a bit.
Has anyone had both and had one knock the other off the board for any reason? Any specific uses where one wins out (other than the octave thing?)

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
Owned both for a long time, completely different sounds so it depends what you are looking for. Candy Apple for bringing the noise, chewy gated goodness with this one and super fun to play. Musket if you need a muff, big wall of fuzz, sustain for days, so good for that gilmourish solo type stuff, super thick, etc...

If I had to have only one on a board, the Musket would be it for me.

Trending Topics