• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BJFE Emerald Green Distortion Machine

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
I recently picked up a Honey Bee and I'm convinced it's one of the greatest OD's out there. I got a Dyna Red because I wanted something with a bit more gain than the HB but didn't really bond with that pedal. It's obviously a great pedal but it just wasn't what I was looking for tonewise. Can EGDM owners comment on this pedal? What amps do you like it with? Single Coils or Humbuckers? I've read the description that it's voiced like a cranked AC 30 or "Beatles in a box" tone. Obviously it's probably not going to have as much gain as the Dyna which for me is a good thing. I'm using a Matchless Clubman and it's set up to have a edge of breakup clean. I like the HB because it adds nice OD to my already breaking up Clubman. I'm hoping the EGDM will give me more gain but with a different voice than the HB.

Bobby D

if you did not like the DRD, then you may love the EGDM. it has a much more midrangey sweetness to it, and has plenty of gain on tap (especially if you power it with 18v!)

it's very different than the DRD, and will complement the HB quite well.

i'm a DRD guy, and have owned EGDM twice, but did not bond with it. different tones for different dudes!

NewarkWilder

i loooooooove my EGDM. Been my go-to distortion for about a year now. Everything Bobby D said is true--although I do think you can be a fan of both the EGDM and DRD at the same time. He's my good buddy though and for a while there we had a joke that we could both be pretty easily defined by each pedal... lol...

and yes, run it at 18v!! its... amazing!! and its got PLENTY of gain, don't worry. PLENTY.

Bobby D

he's and EGDM guy, and i am a DRD guy.....but we both love the other's pedals. damn, that's sort of "bromantic" :phones

Tonefish

he's and EGDM guy, and i am a DRD guy.....but we both love the other's pedals. damn, that's sort of "bromantic" :phones
I must admit you guys did put out some good vids together, but "bromantic"?:crazyguy

:p:D:Spank

Either way, I like them both..........and...EGDM and DRD:AOK

The Smith

Just got one in the mail yesterday. Played it for 2 hours last night , and it was everything I hoped it would be. I play through a Hayseed with the MV set to the brink of break-up. I use a Tim for a low-gain OD, and I've been using a BB Preamp for mid-gain OD. The BB was too smooth and too Marshally for me. The EGDM has more of a juicy rasp (enigmatic, I know); it's resonant frequency is voiced a bit higher than the BB. It sounded great with the gain set at 9 o'clock, which is probably where I'll leave it most of the time. But for fun, I dimed the gain and played power chords...it's making me grin just typing about it.

I believe I've found my signature sound.

ruby7829

Glad it got there safely Colin! And I'm glad you're digging it. It's on hell of a pedal. And nothing like the DRD.

Trending Topics