BJFE Experts, Put these in order

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by majorledhead, Mar 10, 2008.

1. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

If you could only keep 6 of these which ones would it be and what order would you put them in ?
    [​IMG]

2. DavidH

DavidH Member

Surely you don't need someone else to tell you,but i'll play anyway.I'd lose the Dyna and the LGW.
    Order would require experimentation but i might start with-CAF-PPF-BBOD-HBOD-DBD-SBEQ.

3. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Ditch both Mad Profs. The others will go up in price.
    Put them in the order you feel sounds the best, and buy a new delay pedal.

4. justonwo

justonwo Member

Yep, Mad Profs. Easy to get back if need be.

5. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Don't get rid of the PPF or BBOD because they will probably never be made again.

6. zion

zion Supporting Member

I'd go CAF>PPF>LGW>HBOD>SBEQ>DBD.

How many threads here are about "sound" and how many are about "resale value?"

7. Python

Python Member

Try this ...

BBOD -> PPF -> LGW -> DRD -> HB -> DBD -> SBEQ

I have the same pedals and I got this straight from Bjorn. He spent about 30 minutes with me setting these pedals up (at the Chicago ToneFest) and it sounds awesome. I have a Fenderish amp.

Not sure about the CAF.

Jim

8. I'm Incinerator

I'm Incinerator Supporting Member

I'd run them in an order that you find best, I'd just recommend that the SBEQ is at the end of your drive signal...and that your honey bee has a drive pedal to beef it up a bit to get the thing a little more interesting.

I run mine in this order RRB>EGDM>HBOD>SBEQ...I still need to get some more cables to run my delay and Trem as well :)

9. I'm Incinerator

I'm Incinerator Supporting Member

oh, and I'd let go of the MP pedals...BBOD and the PPF are OOP...and Bjorn is a busy busy guy these days with making pedals/designing pedals...while the MP pedals are great...the circuits are locked in and can be made by anyone working for MP....those that are still under Bjorn's name, need Bjorn's tweaking

10. Thor

Thor Member

Big +1 on keeping the BJFE and selling the MP's. Of course, the question is why are you not keeping all 8? ;)

Cheers,

Edward

11. playon

playon Supporting Member

Is it about money or is it about sound? There's nothing wrong with that Mad Professor stuff... What you need to do is sell me the BBOD & the Candy Apple Fuzz, then hook up the other pedals anyway you like.

:drool

12. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Just put the SBEQ at the end and get three BadMonkeys and youll be fine :dude

13. Seegs

Seegs Member

SBEQ and the HB would be gone...

Chow,
    Seegs

14. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

I've owned or played all but one of those (tried a BJF LGW but not the Mad Prof version) so here's my 0.02. By the way, I'm assuming you're a player, not a collector, so this is based on tone rather than what will go up in value or not.

Keep the DBD as it sounds really cool to my ears. Very nice feel.
    I found absolutely no use for the Sea Blue, so that could go.
    Keep the PPF if you like the hybrid OD/fuzz thing, it does that great. Saw in your sig you already have a Mayo for full blown fuzz.
    DRD. Kinda hard to dial in the highs to just the right amount but should sound great with your R8. If so, keep.
    The Candy Apple was a novel sound when I heard it, but not one I would use a lot. Could go.
    The BBOD probably sounds good with your strat and the Carr so keep it if you like that fattish tone.
    Never liked the HB into any of the amps I tried it with.

Not sure how many that leaves you with but hope it helps. ;)

Chris

15. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

Thanks for the opinions guys. Why not keep them all ? Well, its a catch 22 situation. I feel guilty for spending the money on all these but will feel stupid if I get rid of any. As far as the Mad Professors go, while the LGW may be expendable it really does sound the best with my strats. The Deep Blue Delay is like I found the missing link in my tone that I've been after for 25 years. It ain't going anywhere. The fuzzes each have thier strong points and while I like the CAF a little better the PPF is considered collectable now like the BBOD. This is going to require some thinkin' about it and input from you members. Suggestions welcome.