Black Cat Stereo Vibe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CaprioM85, Dec 22, 2016.

1. CaprioM85

CaprioM85 Member

Seems to be the only demo of it right now, and it's kind of a lousy one at that. It shows how subtle it can be and how wobbly it can get, but doesn't really show a lot of its musical-ness in between. I haven't really looked at the originals much, but I believe this is not the same exact one with Stereo so I'm not sure how much it would apply.
    What do you allcthink about this guy? Would it be just as good to place the original mono on my board seeing as I like it pre OD and wouldn't be able to use the stereo out anyway?

2. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

The Stereo Black Cat Vibe sounds the same as the original Black Cat Vibe when you use Output 1 in mono.

3. CaprioM85

CaprioM85 Member

So since I can't use the stereo outs by putting it between my compressor and OD it makes no sense to pay the extra and wait on the stereo veraion, correct?

4. bastian

bastian Member

Anyone played one in stereo?

5. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Black Cat builds Bad-@$$ pedals, that sound great. I don't have their vibe, but I've got a few (and owned others) that were really good. So I have no doubt this would be great. I'm guessing the "stereo" version sends an inverted signal to the second output, so it's sort of a "pseudo-stereo" in that the sound is derived from a single LDR cluster? IF one plans to run it in mono, stay with the mono version, stereo gives a "bigger" sound thru two amps but not much help thru a single amp.