Black Friday / Cyber Monday - inadvertently opted out

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Johnny Moondog, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:16 AM.

1. misterg71

misterg71 Silver Supporting Member

I didn't find any music gear of interest, so I bought an iPad instead.

FusionRock likes this.
  2. requiem for a dream

requiem for a dream Member

I didn't see anything interesting for me at least on sale.

However it got me thinking how cheap would sound and I bought a $65 Glarry guitar, $99 Monoprice 5 watt tube amp and about $22 Donner Morpher pedal. I spent a little over $200 total with tax and shipping. I sold a synth that I wanted to replace with something I would use. Can't wait to see how the Glarry compares to a Squier Bullet I played. Also curious to see how the Monoprice amp and Donner pedal sounds. It's crazy that whether on sale or not how inexpensive you can find guitar gear these days.

Johnny Moondog and +NRG like this.
  3. MkIII Renegade

MkIII Renegade Member

To be fair, I did buy a watch.

But no musical gear.....yet.... :wave

4. Judas68fr

Judas68fr Member

When I want something I like to wait and think about it for a while, so those flashy flash sale gimmicks tend to put me off. I often run into issues when shopping for cars. Car sale people usually try to push you to seal the deal as quickly as possible, so I usually pass for a tough negotiator, which I'm not, I just really don't like being forced. Got me a few very interesting deals!

+NRG likes this.
  5. Gear Ears 4 Years

Gear Ears 4 Years Member

I was powerless not jump on the $80 65Amps Colour Boost.

Oh yeh... the $99 Bogner Oxford too...

gaelicsolus likes this.
  6. JackfromAK

JackfromAK Gold Supporting Member

Not to hew too close to the original topic but I got a Pigtronix Ringmaster. It was a SDotD, so I'm not sure it really counts.

gaelicsolus and Jerrod like this.
  7. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

Sweet. I like the Pigtronix stuff.

JackfromAK likes this.
  8. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

thyre all already fighting for scraps w razor thin margins all year. a lot of the time some of them are barely making money on a deal. a war of attrition w their competitors.

9. seanp33

seanp33 Member

I shot my wad early on a blooper so sat out black Friday. Can't wait for blooper though.

JackfromAK likes this.
  10. JackfromAK

JackfromAK Gold Supporting Member

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Mothership and an EP2, but I'm not jonesing enough that I can't wait for a deal.

11. MaxTwang

MaxTwang Member

Can't find anything I want on sale :(

12. Trolley Car

Trolley Car Member

I’ve decided - regardless of sales and how tempting they can be - to get more up close and personal with my fine collection of guitars and amps, and to fully enjoy what I’ve acquired over the last twenty years.

I started down this new road by having the frets dressed and complete set-ups on two of my guitars. What an incredible difference in playability when I picked them up and played them. They played like a different guitar, like a new guitar...

Tomorrow, my old hand-wired Fender- that’s been sitting in the basement for months - gets a trip to the doctor.

With this change of priorities I find myself playing more guitar and challenging my playing ability to reach a higher level.

This is more fun for me at this point than chasing down that special guitar or looking to save 20-35%.

It’s also a nice feeling knowing that in six months or so I will have all my gear properly cared for and performing at an optimum level.

13. Tom Fontaine

Tom Fontaine Member

I bought a used fender reverb reissue from a local small business. Was a better deal than anything I saw new and on sale. Got tempted by a few delay pedals, but I still think I can get them used for less.

14. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I get wanting something for a while
    And then waiting until Black Friday to buy it. However, I don’t get buying just because something is a good deal. How much crap do people really need?

gaelicsolus likes this.
  15. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

It's extremely rare that I see a black friday or cyber monday deal worth jumping on. The good deals are usually for things I'm not interested in. The stuff I want is never on sale.

16. mvsr990

mvsr990 Supporting Member

I bought a new DAW (Studio One) for 50% off and an Eventide plugin that's normally $100 for $20 - but audio software seems to have near-constant sales of one kind or another so my purchases just happened to coincide with Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year.

17. Primus DuPont

Primus DuPont Member

I bought a fishing rod for 50% off. And I plan to take it out in my boat (read: kayak).

But yeah I didn't buy any guitar gear from any of the sales, mostly cause I blew my cash on the rod. Did I mention the fishing rod yet?

Johnny Moondog likes this.
  18. HolyGuacamole

HolyGuacamole Member

Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow is Unsubscribe Tuesday. Celebrate accordingly. (of course you are free to sign up again for giveaways).

Gear wise, I didn't see anything I thought was that great of a deal. Most of the stuff I want is never on those sales anyway.

19. gmann

gmann Member

Great pedal, got one recently. Hope it works for you!

Lef T likes this.
  20. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

Posts deleted and two thread bans
    Take the bickering and tax talk off tgp