• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Black Keys Live at Crystal Ballroom DVD

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Anyone have this dvd? I just picked it up tonight. I really dig it! Sounds like a cross between the White Stripes and Creed?? I love this raw, balls out garage type music. Im gonna start picking up more of their cds. Any suggestions on which ones to buy?

:munch

airwarrior

I'd say they sound more like a cross between early Who and Jr. Kimbrough, but yeah the Keys are awesome. Definitely my favorite band still around.

I'd say start with Rubber Factory, then Magic Potion, then their new album Attack and Release. It'll give you a good feel of what they are about.

Jazz2Punk

Anyone have this dvd? I just picked it up tonight. I really dig it! Sounds like a cross between the White Stripes and Creed?? I love this raw, balls out garage type music. Im gonna start picking up more of their cds. Any suggestions on which ones to buy?

:munch
Man, if I had heard these guys described as White Stripes meets Creed I would've run in the opposite direction! ;)

Got the DVD myself and really enjoyed it. As to where to start in their discography, I think all of their CD's are great. Maybe pick your fav song off of the DVD, find out what CD it's on and start from there.

Dan Auerbach just released a solo disc that's really nice as well.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah Creed might have been pushing it.LOL!! I was thinking that the singers sounded alike. They definetly sound like the Stripes though! No doubt about it. If you havent seen the White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights dvd, they sound very similar. Two two piece bands. If you like this dvd, then go get White Stripes Blackpool Lights!

jmjohnson40

They definetly sound like the Stripes though! No doubt about it. If you havent seen the White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights dvd, they sound very similar. Two two piece bands. If you like this dvd, then go get White Stripes Blackpool Lights!
I think this a little premature comparison. I doubt you would feel that way after listening to them a little longer.

I love both, but I don't think the comparison makes it far past the fact that they are a duo and some of it is blues based.

Just my thoughts.

Trending Topics