Black Keys Live at Crystal Ballroom DVD

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by zosozep7, Feb 21, 2009.

1. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Anyone have this dvd? I just picked it up tonight. I really dig it! Sounds like a cross between the White Stripes and Creed?? I love this raw, balls out garage type music. Im gonna start picking up more of their cds. Any suggestions on which ones to buy?

:munch

2. airwarrior

airwarrior Member

I'd say they sound more like a cross between early Who and Jr. Kimbrough, but yeah the Keys are awesome. Definitely my favorite band still around.

I'd say start with Rubber Factory, then Magic Potion, then their new album Attack and Release. It'll give you a good feel of what they are about.

3. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Member

Creed? I can't find the dvd anywhere, so I have yet to see it.

4. Jazz2Punk

Jazz2Punk Member

Man, if I had heard these guys described as White Stripes meets Creed I would've run in the opposite direction! ;)

Got the DVD myself and really enjoyed it. As to where to start in their discography, I think all of their CD's are great. Maybe pick your fav song off of the DVD, find out what CD it's on and start from there.

Dan Auerbach just released a solo disc that's really nice as well.

5. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Yeah Creed might have been pushing it.LOL!! I was thinking that the singers sounded alike. They definetly sound like the Stripes though! No doubt about it. If you havent seen the White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights dvd, they sound very similar. Two two piece bands. If you like this dvd, then go get White Stripes Blackpool Lights!

6. Jazz2Punk

Jazz2Punk Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

7. TravisE

TravisE Supporting Member

The description made me vomit a little. :thud

8. jmjohnson40

jmjohnson40 Member

I think this a little premature comparison. I doubt you would feel that way after listening to them a little longer.

I love both, but I don't think the comparison makes it far past the fact that they are a duo and some of it is blues based.

Just my thoughts.