Black Magick Reverb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by oneleftnut, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Serenity

Serenity Member

Probably the head. I'd like to run it with 2 2x12's.

70' s Tone likes this.
  2. zum

zum Member

Got mine yesterday, returned it today. Everything sounded good, but the reverb. The tail was just too noticeable where I felt it got in the way of the playing.... then today, the reverb stopped working altogether. So, I’m not sure if I just don’t like the reverb or maybe I just got a bum one. I wouldn’t mind taking a chance on another one, but I have my eyes on some other gear so I’ll just get a refund for now.

3. Blcklab666

Blcklab666 Member

I think the speaker is the secret sauce. Selling my NMV version to fund the new version of the combo

Played mine through my Weber attenuator last night and what tone

70' s Tone likes this.
  4. 70' s Tone

70' s Tone Member

They are sweet. That's for sure.

Blcklab666 likes this.
  5. hdspringer98

hdspringer98 Supporting Member

I bought a BM Reverb combo. Gave it a shot for just under 30-days and returned it today within the return window.

I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't dial in a tone that I enjoyed hearing. To me it sounded very brittle/unpleasant/harsh on the high end and actually fatigued my ears quickly. Dialing that out made it sound lifeless. Bought it because I watched many many YT demos and really loved what I heard. I just couldn't get those same sweet crunchy/chewy tones. Even matching up the knobs to the videos it wasn't even close. Tried other speaker cabs with it too, it helped but still not a winner for me.

I very much disliked the reverb. The trail is not adjustable, only the amount of reverb you can hear. Big design miss there.

What I did like was the cleanish to just beyond edge of breakup sounds but I wanted those great crunch tones I expected.

I know plenty of folks love 'em and make them sound great, I'm not one of those apparently.

6. zum

zum Member

Glad to know I wasn't the only one crazy about the reverb.

7. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

If you don't like the built-in reverb, just don't use it and run a separate reverb unit or pedal. That is, if you are satisfied with the amp other than that one feature.
    Al

scott58 likes this.