Black metal : the new catch-all thread

Their drummer (for quite some time now) is Xul; a nice guy and awesome drummer in his own right. A guy I worked with played bass for them and also has an extreme death metal band with Xul (aside from Melechesh).

Cool stuff, I may have to grab a newer Melechesh record.

eliot1025

Supporting Member
Whoever may be doing it now, Blackened Death Metal was started by Paul Prudhomme.

Lightly Sauted Death Metal - originated by a French band "And You Will Smell Us By The Trail Of Dead Meat."

Last edited:
I kinda feel weird liking his music. The guy is such a freaking tool, and a dweeb.

BTW, what the hell? Kill 77 people in Norway, and get 21 years?
That's the maximum sentence in Norway. Their prison system actually works really, really well but there are problems with it when it comes to people like Breivik.

Halowords

Where does Altar of Plagues fit into this? They were referred to me a while ago and I never really got into them. Now, after listening to Deafheaven's Sunbather (over and over and over and over), White Tomb is hitting a bit more of a nerve.

-Cheers

Where does Altar of Plagues fit into this? They were referred to me a while ago and I never really got into them. Now, after listening to Deafheaven's Sunbather (over and over and over and over), White Tomb is hitting a bit more of a nerve.

-Cheers
Prior to their most recent album they were definitely more of a Neurosis/Isis and black metal hybrid. On the newest one though they went more industrial which was very welcome. I honestly have a tough time listening to post metal sometimes because it all just sounds like variations on Neurosis and Isis but when bands start mixing in industrial and some other stuff like that it sounds more fresh. Cult of Luna did the same thing on their newest album.

Some more from Finland, Cosmic Church:

I have just learned that Absu is playing here(PGH) the Friday after next, psyched.