Black or Surf Green CpT?

Which, oh which color Classic to order?

• Surf Green

• Glossy Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaystrings

I finally came to the realization that I'm playing my CpT Classic more than his other models. After seeing all your CpT collections in my previous post, I have been re-thinking my next CpT order. I was leaning heavily towards a glossy black Classic, but that surf green Classic has set off GAS from another direction and they are now competing in my mind.

I like both colors equally and do not own a guitar in either color. I was all set to go with the black until the surf green jumped out at me from an image in the thread.

Chuck can help with every question but this one. Mine will have only 2 pickups [instead of 3] & will have an ebony fingerboard [instead of maple]. Other than that, she'd look like one of these. I know I'd be happy with either color. I'm literally on the fence about it and was wondering about other reactions & comments regarding the different colors.
Image_2883c_jpg_600.jpg
Image_2858c_jpg_600.jpg

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
Those are both damn fine looking instruments. Something about the surf green speaks to me, but I don't think either one would be a misstep.

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
I prefer the black one but I think I'd go with a mint or tort guard if you end up with an ebony board...too much black for me. I really like that black one with the maple board.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Don't like either color. If forced to choose, I'd go black though. I love ebony boards, but surf green with an ebony board would just look weird to me.

-Austin

jaystrings

With 22 votes at this point, the surf green is starting to take a lead. I don't know if it's because it is kinda different or what, but it IS hard for me to take my eye off it. Gotta admit, they both offer great stage presence.

Keep 'em coming.

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
Me, I'd go with the time tested maple/butterscotch combo—I'm salivating just thinking about it.

(Wonder why?)

But if you're sold on the ebony board I think black with a parchment guard would be an elegant look.

jaystrings

Me, I'd go with the time tested maple/butterscotch combo—I'm salivating just thinking about it.

(Wonder why?)

But if you're sold on the ebony board I think black with a parchment guard would be an elegant look.

Well, I already have the maple/butterscotch combo in a Classic.
IMG_0533.jpg
It is SO great that I simply have to own another Classic.

Black with a parchment guard.... hmmmmm.... now THAT sounds tasty!!

jaystrings

This thread is becoming very helpful to me. I'm going to wait until I can actually see the surf green in a Classic. At that point I'll go for either it or a black with maple board and parchment guard.

Top Bottom