Black Pearl Settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by John Thigpen, Jan 20, 2008.

1. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Supporting Member

I enjoyed reading Tag's very long thread about "Can any amp duplicate Robben Ford's Politician tone?" and played around with it on my new Black Pearl. (In truth, I'm partial to Worried Life Blues from the same CD). I won't say that I got close, but I had a lot of fun trying and found some combinations that I might not have otherwise tried. Normally, I play pretty clean, but I was using Gain and Boost settings at about 2:00, using Deep mode and adding some more Treble and Bass to about 3:00. I couldn't make up my mind about the mids, since Deep scoops them a bit anyway.

Does any of the Posse have any favorite settings they'd like to share? Do you try to model the tone of anyone in particular? (Normally, I don't).

John

2. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

Mine is in the shop. :(

3. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Supporting Member

Is yours the new one that died while you were switching guitars? I didn't see the final disposition...are they handling it right?

John

4. es125luv

es125luv Member

I want an update on this as well!!!

for me... I love a bright amp, so I really dime the "top" and "treble" controls with my humbuckers, but I recently acquired a BEAUTIFUL 52' TELE THIN SKIN from a fellow TGP'r and now my controls are set back a bit...

I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS AMP + TELECASTERS....

I usually like to have just a slight breakup going on, but there have been times where I dial in all the grind the amp has and just keep the pedals at home....

5. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

I don't have alot of different settings, I pretty much set it where I want it & leave it, which is a shame considering the versatility of this thing...

This is a Keith urban type overdriven tele tone:

Gain 3:00
    Boost OFF
    Voice DEEP
    Bass 3:00
    Mids 5:00
    Treble 10:00
    Top 12:00
    MV 11:00

This setting also sounds great with my neck pickup & reverb added... LOVE the BP reverb.