Black Sabbath debut album

el greco

The album was recorded in just 2 - 3 days and cost £600 to make, while completely changing the face of rock music. You can only even begin to understand the tremendous force of the Black Sabbath debut album if you were actually there and heard it fresh, when it was released back in 1970. It was so powerful and intense, it literally blew minds.

sinner

I guess I should spin it on the turntable and celebrate the anniversary!

It really is a fun, jammy, record, ain't it?

Little_Wing

I was just 11 and didn't understand it. When my sister brought it home, I thought it was funeral music. A few years later I was rockin it big time.

Mark White

You can only even begin to understand the tremendous force of the Black Sabbath debut album if you were actually there and heard it fresh, when it was released back in 1970. It was so powerful and intense, it literally blew minds.
There's a fun bit in Ozzy's autobiography when he plays the fruit of his labours for his parents, and they don't quite get it :)

Mark White

We didn't get get Warning or Evil Woman on the North-American release.
The compilation We Sold Our Soul For Rock And Roll was the first one I bought, and I remember just loving Warning with the extended solos. Wiki suggests UK release of the first album had both, but US had Warning only. I didn't hear Evil Woman until much later, but can't imagine I picked up a North-American release in the UK so don't know how I missed that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath_(album)#Track_listing

Trending Topics