1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Black Shadow Speaker?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JoshuaTSP, May 8, 2008.

1. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP Senior Member

Is this just a Mesa branded EV?

2. mike80

mike80 Member

I'm not sure about the EV, but the Black Shadow MC-90 is basically a beefed up Celestion Classic Lead 80. The same may apply for the EV as well.

3. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

Black shadow's just a label that Mesa puts on the back of their speakers. There have been several different ones. The EVM-12L, an Eminence 150 watter, and the Celestion 90 speaker. The wattage rating will tell you. The EV's not beefed up. It's a standard EVM-12L

4. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry

I believe the MC90 has a different cone ( 1777) from the Classic lead 80. I had a pair of Classic leads and I can't remember the cone # but it wasn't a 1777.

5. mike80

mike80 Member

That may be. I'm not sure about the exact details, but it's based off of the CL80.

6. remocity

remocity Supporting Member

The mc90 is also vented as the cl80 is not.
    The mc90 is a better sounding speaker in my opinion.