Blackberry Smoke

russiancrowe

These guys are one of my favorite current bands. I can't wait to see them next summer with TTB. BBS has done some amazing covers of songs over the years also. These guys can play anything and make it sound great.

From Marshall Tucker
To Black Sabbath

AA864

BBS is an awesome band. I've seen them three times this year and just bought tix for TTB/Smoke at Red Rocks for '19.

Check out the Album 'Little Piece of Dixie' - non stop hits from beginning to end.

The new Album - Find A Light is very good too. Enjoy the ride.

griggsterr

Some fine guitar playing there.
Another great band in this genre is Steel Woods.
I caught them in a large club. they were smoking.

JK1965

Gold Supporting Member
They are one of the best bands around right now and an all time favorite of mine. Saw them for the first time back in 2011 in a small club with about 30 people. I didn't know a song and they absolutely blew me away! Charlie Starr is the real deal. Great player, singer/front man and songwriter.

The Whippoorwill is indeed a classic record and one I'd start with if you are new to them. That said, they don't have any bad ones. Live they always change up the set list and they don't have any bad songs so its always killer!

I just saw them for the 15th time last week in Philly and as always a kick ass show. They are really nice guys too.

ezcomes

great band...Whipporwill definitely holds the highest rank in our house...they all have great tunes on them though

I liked holding all the roses too...

check out their Rig Rundown online too!

mikebat

The rig rundowns show they are really nice dudes too.

I dig 'em.

I don't find myself searching them out, but when it is on, I never turn it off.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
I have their double cd live album...? Leave a Scar.

Pretty infectious songs.

Good drinking music.
Fantastic album.

They're just a great band, so killer. Been a fan since whippoorwill came out.

cram

when I hear - I enjoy. Great band. I'm planning on catching them this summer.

jota

I never paid attention to them until I heard the new EP with them doing "You Got Lucky" with Amanda Shires. I guess I have some catching up to do.

What's else should I check out?
With The Black Crowes being one of my favorite bands, Blackberry Smoke always sounded like a poor imitation to me. It lacks the voice, the sound, and mostly the groove...
I have to say I saw that show yesterday and I kinda enjoyed most of it.

jekylmeister

Raconteur Extraordinaire
Gold Supporting Member
I caught them the first time opening for Skynyrd. I was impressed. They rock.

Trending Topics