1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Blackface Fender Volume Pot???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by niksevig119, May 19, 2011.

1. niksevig119

niksevig119 Member

I just purchased a Marsh 64 Vibroverb clone. the volume pot on the vibrato channel does not give any sound until 2. i made sure the knob was set where normal and not over adjusted. i looked inside the chassis and going by part number, saw that there is a 500KA Pot in there. I read that these should be a 1meg audio pot. is this my issue?, can i just install a 1meg and be done with it, or will other components have to be changed? ive fixed tube sockets,biased ,soldered pickups and pots before so im thinking i could do this on my own...unless not....thanks to anyone with info!

2. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

If the amp sounds good otherwise, I'd leave it as is.

3. Red House

Red House Silver Supporting Member

It's easy to do, so go for it.

No other components need to be changed, provided they are already AB763.

4. niksevig119

niksevig119 Member

the volume pot in the normal channel is a 1meg and it does the same thing.both MOJO pots..??? i would like to fix this issue, and have both pots working correctly..could it just be the style of that particular pot?