Blackheart 5W cabinet question. BH or Avatar??

Bryan29

I ordered a Blakcheart 5W head and it'll be here tomorrow. I didn't order the matching cabinet (they were out of stock) but I found one elsewhere. But now I dont' know if I should get the matching cab or order an Avatar 1X12.

So help!!

B

big brekfest

go with an avatar. there, you'll be able to pick out a high quality speaker, rather than taking what's in the matching cab.

Zim

Silver Supporting Member
Hey, the BH cabs are great too. Built well w/ good birtch wood. The Emi that is stock isn't so bad either.

Not saying Avatars are bad either, but don't give up on the BH either. Less money too!

mxr2000

I own a Premier 2x12 avatar cab and is fantastic and for fact i use it with my new BlackHeart and the sound it's amazing...

Spudman

I feel that any cabinet besides the BH opens the amp up more and helps it sound to it's potential. I thought the BH cab sounded a little boxy compared to other cabs.

mxr2000

Thats so true!!. I also used the BlackHeart with a 4x12 Germino cab and this little monster was blasting some real plexi sounds that can inspire any vintage Marshall fan..

handyman11

Gold Supporting Member
I never even took my Blackheart 1X12 out of the box last night ..used the 5W head with a Avatar premier with a V30 and G12H30 , and it sounded great ...going to try and sell the 1X12 locally , or advertise it here ( although it's heavier than I thought it would , as far as shipping ...

handyman11

Gold Supporting Member
The Blackheart Cab is 16 ohms ,I believe ...my Avatar is 8 ohms ...Going to try a Randall 4X12 later tonight , see how it sounds ...

mxr2000

16 ohms is great for crunch with the BlackHeart lower the amp volume on 5 using an Les paul standar or Custom and you got nice jazz warm led cleans with a strat just lower the guitar volume and you just only would love the sound...

SoCalSteve

I wonder how a Hellatone 60 (Vintage 30) in a closed back 1x12 would match up tonewise with the blackheart?

Trending Topics