Blackheart 5W deal at Music123

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mvsr990, Jan 27, 2008.

1. mvsr990

mvsr990 Supporting Member

Found out about this on the Telecaster forum -
    Music123 is running $65 off $250+ (with a long list of exclusions, of course)

But Crate/Blackheart aren't one of them, so if you get one of the Little Giant $249.99 combos or mini-stacks, add on the cheapest item you can find (a five-pack of non-Fender picks for me), the whole deal is ~$185-190 shipped.

Hard to beat, I think.

2. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin Member

Killer deal. Thx for pointing this out!

3. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin Member

Frigging rebate is up to $75 now!

4. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

crate/blackheart was added to the exclusion list. they caught on.

5. phusana

phusana Member

While Crate and Blackheart ARE listed on the exclusion list, I have a BH5-112 combo in my shopping cart right now, added a cable and it does show the $75 off the total.

Not sure I want to pull the trigger, have a couple of high end amp options coming my way soon... But might be nice to have for cheap $.

6. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

i just grabbed one combo for 178 delivered... I wanted a ext. cab.. cant beat this price.. heck, I might even gig with it... lol...

7. MetalHeadd

MetalHeadd Member

Wow, tempting, I've had my eye on these for a while...I don't see Blackheart on the exclusion list, only Crate, and the discount shows up when you put it in your cart...

8. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

i just did it, it works... cant go wrong.. I'll get a $15 bad monkey on the bay, change the tubes and I should be all set..

9. Zim

Zim Member

I just did it! No head/cab, but got the 112 combo and a pk of strings, lol. $179.99 shipped!

I already got the $15 Bad monkey, lol.

10. Zim

Zim Member

I've been wanting one since they came out, but seems like all the chains have no head/cab deals, so I got the 112 combo. I think it'll be just as good, I hope. This will be sweet for the price!

Thanks for the heads up!

11. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Supporting Member

Thanks for the info guys!! I was looking to get one soon as a pratice amp for home use. i just had a questions to those who tried the stock speaker. I was thinkin of buying just the head, and i have a spare Greenback (Rola era, England made..) that i could put in a 1x12. I know they are different speaker, but should i use my greenback or the stock Eminence ?

Thanks !!

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Member

Offer not valid on the following brands: Squier by Fender, Fender, Peavey, Gretsch Guitars, Gibson, Epiphone, DOD, Roland, DigiTech, Ibanez, Marshall, Vox, M-Audio, Line 6, Behringer, Boss, Yamaha, ToneWorks, Korg, Akai, Ampeg, Alesis, Mackie, Shure, dbx, BSS Audio, Crate, Fostex, Edirol, AKG, Apple, Digidesign, Pioneer, Sennheiser, Stanton, Numark, Audio-Technica, Denon, JBL, Bose, Electro-Voice, Neumann, Crown, Chauvet, SKB, Zildjian, LeBlanc, Bach, Selmer, Sonor, Tama, Fender Footwear, Jackson, Fender Custom Shop Apparel, Holton, Buffet, Gemeinhardt, Conn, SWR, Meinl, Reunion Blues, Mapex, Jupiter, Martin-LeBlanc, Vito, Getzen, Emerson, Armstrong, Hans Hoyer, King, B&S, Prelude, QSC, Basson, Guild, Gibson Custom Shop, Charvel, Paul Reed Smith, Schecter, Tobias, Gibson Acoustic, Gibson Bluegrass, Gibson Memphis, Alvarez, Turbosound, Soundcraft, Vestax, Allen & Heath, Music123

Hee heeee..what's left?

13. Zim

Zim Member

Yeah I seen that too, but the discount was in the cart on the on-line shopping, so....

Maybe because this a BLACKHEART amp? Crate is only the outlet for them. I don't know, we'll see if they give me any static about it. I already summit the CC to them. If they do, I'll cancel the order and wait for the head/cab to come back in stock sometime in the next 10 years, lol.

14. jamison162

jamison162 Member

I wanted the head/cab..but the combo will do. The opening in the combo isn't that big really. Also got a pack of my .73 Dunlop picks.

Total was $178.98 shipped.....and if I don'tlike the amp, I can still send it back. Great deal I think.

What upgrades do you guys plan on making? Tubes (all 2 of them) are cheap....speaker possibly, we'll see.

15. Zim

Zim Member

Tubes are are the first thing, I'll wait and see on the speaker, it is an Emi after all, lol

I just checked, my order is "approved", but I don't have a tracking number yet. 3-7 bussiness days for delivery.

Fun Fun

16. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin Member

Guys,

It DEFINITELY works on the 112 combo. I ordered two this way and they are in transit to me now.

17. III

III Member

Good eye wooderson!!! Just ordered the 5W head, a pretty jewel light for my Bassman, and a couple of Eminence speakers. $75 off... Thanks.

18. Zim

Zim Member

Mine is in transit too, be here Friday!!!

19. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Looks like the rebate is down to $20 now.

Sad.

EP

20. WAH-WAH MCFUZZ

WAH-WAH MCFUZZ Member

I just got the Little Giant combo last night. Sounds great through a 412 cab. But using the internal speaker I get an unbearable rattle. I think it is the preamp tube (there was some damage to the box, may have been dropped). I love the sound through the 412, but I bought it mostly for portability. I hate dealing with UPS about damaged packages so I will probably replace the tubes to see if that fixes it. I'd like to know if anybody else has the same problem or another solution. I really really want to like this thing. I hope I didn't jump the gun by not waiting for the stack to come off of backorder.