1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Blackheart Little Giant modding questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bryan29, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Bryan29

Bryan29 Supporting Member

I am the proud owner of the BH5 head. I was wondering which mod you recommended to make it a little more "pedal friendly" for my distortion pedals. I'm very happy with the amp but for my distortion pedals (Skreddy Pink Flesh and Keeley modded BD-2) I find myself wanting a little. Maybe something to pad the input a little so the pedals can work and not clip the amp. Any help you could give me in this department would be greatly appreciated.

I love this amp but it needs a little help handling my OD pedals. Anybody got experience and can help me? Maybe change the pre tube?

2. ultrevex

ultrevex Member

Try a 5751, then a 12AT7, then even a 12AU7(which will make the amp super quiet). When I had an Epi VJ, the 12AT7 lived in the pre slot for good after the first time I fired the amp up. Decent clean headroom with a lower gain pre tube and it sounded real good with all my dirt pedals.

good luck

3. Bryan29

Bryan29 Supporting Member

Thanks for the advice. I found an AT7 I had lying around and it did the trick just fine. My pedals sound just fine with it.

4. pepi

pepi Member

I use an old NOS 12AV7 in my EPI and love it.

5. Clutch21286

Clutch21286 Member

Not enough headroom with pedals? Ebay Mod.