Blacklist - FTW !!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ken Ho, Feb 12, 2015.

1. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

Yeah, late to the party again , as usual, but I refuse to watch good shows as they are aired and let them be butchered by the ad breaks, and I was severely Internet-deficient when this came out, but I have finally caught up a bit and watched the final episode of Season One today. I saw a few episodes with my wife, caught about 4-5 leading up to the penultimate one, but went back to the beginning and followed the whole story properly before seeing the the last one.
    Man, it's no wonder that Hollywood is dying for a decent story, all the bestest writers are in television, without a doubt.
    I enjoyed every last aspect of this show, from story, to casting, dialogue, the way it was shot, and the wonderful pacing and interplay of plot-lines and the spooky theme song.
    I'll start Season 2 next week, and I know I'm gonna love every minute of it.
    Superb use of Pearl Jam's "Just Breathe" from Backspacer in the closing scenes too. Such a beautiful song and perfect lyrics. Eddies voice is a wonder these days, a far cry form the massively reverbed Ten. Those who formed their opinion of him based on that should re-visit.

2. Smgbad

Smgbad Supporting Member

The answer to the entire plot is..... 42. There... You're welcome.

J/k. Awesome show though. Lots of cool twists and turns coming up for you in the next few episodes. :aok
    EDIT: Just realized.... This is my 2000th post! Also, my wife thinks James Spader is hot. Think she may have daddy issues...

3. rhumbob

rhumbob Supporting Member

I really liked season 1. Kind of lost me in season 2.

4. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

Very entertaining show. I really enjoyed the first season!

5. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

Season 2 rocks so far and last nights was no exception. The whole "tango" thing was very thoughtful. I think the writing will be even better this year.

6. DRS

DRS Member

It's a great show. I never in my wildest dreams thought James Spader could be a credible bad ass. But he is excellent!

7. tms13pin

tms13pin Supporting Member

I liked it better when it first started but now it's starting to get a bit
    redundant for me. I'll keep watching, because I've invested all of this
    time into the story, but it's not as exciting to me as when it started.
    Various things character do, or don't do, are very frustrating.

--Tom

8. GulfportBound

GulfportBound Member

The first five or six episodes in Season One were solid. It became a snooze after that. Enough to put an insomniac to sleep.

9. GrooveSkipInc

GrooveSkipInc Member

The Elizabeth Keene character is hard for my wife and I to get past, and we're not sure if it's the writing or the acting.

She's supposedly an FBI expert profiler, and they make her incompetent 1 episode, and supercop the next.

Sageylee likes this.
  10. Budman2k

Budman2k Member

One of my favorite shows. And Red is definitely my favorite character out of any the shows I watch.

Budman

11. Mangy71

Mangy71 Member

This is how I feel too. My wife still likes it, so we watch....but I could take it or leave it at this point.

12. mmolteratx

mmolteratx Member

I was pretty pumped for it at the beginning of the series, but they lost me pretty quickly. Stuck around for the end of season one, and caught the first few episodes of season two but I just haven't bothered to make it part of my rotation each week and haven't seen anything since well before the break last year.

13. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

Interesting to see the differing opinions. I like the slower pace.

14. Porrig

Porrig Member

I liked it well enough in the beginning but thought it turned to cheese pretty quickly.

15. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

Sort of lost my interest, moving it and putting on haitus did not help but I have lost interest. Maybe it was too intense to last a 100 shows as that is the syndicating goal. Better a shot run BBC style. Red and Dikembe are bas asses and need to get rid of the FBI and go rogue for a season

16. TheClev

TheClev As seen on TV

Same here...I'm pretty sure it's the acting. That actress is a huge weak point to me.

17. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

Oh boy she just experienced real life baby / show death... Why did she always have to be SO IRKSOME!! If she could only be more like the lead in Nikita or Alias...she should be wagging the tail...not the tail wagging her...I was hoping Red's NJ mystery woman was going to step in and stir things up!!

18. shane88

shane88 Member

it's jumped the shark

sacakl and Sageylee like this.
  19. tonefart

tonefart Member

Man, she got really fat in season 3 because of the pregnancy, they had to write around that. Killed her off for now, not sure when they will resurrect her.

20. FFTT

FFTT Member

1st season was cool.
    I've stopped watching.