Blackout Effectors Twosome Dual Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by goldie-gold, Dec 16, 2009.

1. goldie-gold

goldie-gold Member

Who has one? Alternatively, who has a Fix'd and/or a Musket?

I know you cannot have both sides engaged at the same time with the Twosome - does anyone have the two pedals separatley and stack them? Is it better to have them separately?

Does the Twosome (or the Fix'd or Musket) need to be first in line? This is pretty important to me - I really need it to play nice with a buffer.

The ProGuitarShop demo makes me want this pedal quite badly. I think it might replace my Mayo (Musket) and give me something I don't have already (Fix'd).

Any and all opinions welcome.

2. Blunder

Blunder Member

I've had one for a while now and really like it. Very versatile pedal.
    The Musket is really cool. So tweakable. Everything from classic Muff tones to a more modern, raging distortion. Tons of gain and sustain.
    I think I like the Fix'd even more. So many cool sounds just from that side alone. Boost,boost with tone control, 2 fuzzes. It even does some overdrive sounds if your amp is working a bit too. Fuzz 1 is a more standard sounding fuzz with lots of gain. Fuzz 2 is crazy! Velcro, nasty, filthy goodness.
    Running both fuzzes together is awesome. Huge wall of fuzz.

I like the way the switching is set up on this pedal. It allows you to set up 2 different sounds and switch between them with 1 stomp. I really see no need to stack them together. Both circuits have plenty of gain and stacking them together just seems like it would turn everything to mush. Boosting the Musket would be cool, but you can always run another pedal into that for a bigger kick. I don't think that it needs it though.

I usually set up the Fix'd side as either a dirty boost or a nasty 60's style fuzz and then can kick in the Musket for the heavier Muff tones.

It's a very well built pedal and I've had great experiences dealing with Kyle.
    Had a few minor issues with my Whetstone and he sorted them out for me.

3. Rizza

Rizza Member

It works just fine for me with a buffer in front.

Haven't had mine for long, but I'm loving it! I have nothing but good things to say about this pedal.

4. goldie-gold

goldie-gold Member

Wicked! Thanks guys. I think I migh have to pull the trigger on this. I hope I still have some wages left after all the Xmas presents I have to buy.

I am especially pleased that it plays nice with buffers.

Any other opinions welcome.

5. lonelylooper

lonelylooper Plate of shrimp Silver Supporting Member

"Twosome Fuzz-Who has one? Alternatively, who has a Fix'd and/or a Musket?

I know you cannot have both sides engaged at the same time with the Twosome - does anyone have the two pedals separatley and stack them? Is it better to have them separately?"

Bump
    anyone ?

6. musica23

musica23 Supporting Member

:bumpbump

I'm in line for a custom Twosome, but remain interested in the Fix'd and Musket as separates. Likely I'll check out the Twosome first and see what I think, but I can't imagine I won't love it.

7. earwax

earwax Member

so you can only stack these pedals into each other if you have the 'very special one.?'

8. musica23

musica23 Supporting Member

Yep. Or the two pedals separately, of course.

I received my pink Twosome a long time ago and I still love it! I also bought a Musket Blunderbuss since then, so I can stack a "mostly" Musket with a Fix'd. All 3 pedals are some of the best fuzz I've played and I've had (and have) quite a few.

9. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Umm, don't tell anyone I said this, but the mod to "Very Special" is trivial. Blackout can do it for you for $25 IIRC, or buy another TPDT switch and a little wire and do it yourself. I have mine set up Fix'd into Musket because I can see using the low gain of the Fix'd as a boost, but the other way is just as easy. If you've got a drill press and don't mind defacing your pedal, you could even drop in a "switch order" pedal or toggle. Or a switch order toggle and a master on/off switch. Just be aware that Blackout does some of the most sanitary wiring/soldering in the world and it's unlikely you'll be able to get it as neat as they do!

10. Occam

Occam Member

If you order your twosome through blackout, for an extra $30 they'll add a switch so you can run them both and select which goes first. I just ordered mine and got it about a week later.
    [​IMG]
    Oh..and it sounds amazing. Each pedal is quite versatile and cascading them only adds to that.

11. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

I strongly suggest you go for the ability to use both at once, whether by getting a modded Dual or one of each. The stacked sounds are amazing.

12. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

Been on the fence.....I think Im gonna have to try one....the stackable version. Thanks again TGP for helping me stay broke.

13. earwax

earwax Member

Thanks for the input guys. Going to have to get a hold of one of these.