• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Blackout effects twosome or Empress multi-drive?

Yessir. But get the SSTwosome first as they're in limited supply. I'm pretty sure they're going to go on sale this week...
Well my original want was for a fuzz that went from arbitor to muff.

So I'm wondering, will the SST be too heavy to get down to arbitor territory?

Clean Channel

Well my original want was for a fuzz that went from arbitor to muff.

So I'm wondering, will the SST be too heavy to get down to arbitor territory?
Well, a fuzz that goes from Arbiter to Muff is a tall order, as those are completely different fuzzes.

That said, yes, the Twosome is perfect for that. It's really two different fuzz pedals in one. The Musket is an excellent muff clone and the Fix'd does the Arbiter sound very well.

Having one with the stacking ability isn't just about stacking both fuzzes and playing playing heavy. You can run the Fix'd after the Muff with neither of the fuzz circuits engaged. You can use the buffer (boost) or tone circuits from the Fix'd the alter the character of the Musket in a myriad of ways.

Infi-del

I just got a Very Special Twosome in a trade and LOVE this pedal. The Musket side gives me a real deep and powerful OD sound. A lot like my old 80's MXR Distortion II but more articulate and not quite as woofy. The Fix'd side just kicks ass. It's capable of so many gritty fuzz tones, but also some very smooth creamy ones as well. I already have too many Fuzz and OD pedals on my board but the Twosome earned a spot in there by being awesome. I recommend the Very Special Twosome if you can get your hands on one. The back and forth switch makes it like 4 different pedals basically. I still haven't explored a 10th of it's tone combos.

Jet Age Eric

CC, how do you set your Fix'd Fuzz for the Arbiter sound? I prefer my Blunderbuss for Fuzz Face tones. -E

Well, a fuzz that goes from Arbiter to Muff is a tall order, as those are completely different fuzzes.

That said, yes, the Twosome is perfect for that. It's really two different fuzz pedals in one. The Musket is an excellent muff clone and the Fix'd does the Arbiter sound very well.

Having one with the stacking ability isn't just about stacking both fuzzes and playing playing heavy. You can run the Fix'd after the Muff with neither of the fuzz circuits engaged. You can use the buffer (boost) or tone circuits from the Fix'd the alter the character of the Musket in a myriad of ways.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
The Fix'd fuzz is a weird duck because it's also two fuzzes built in one box. One is a fairly low gain fuzz that can do pretty decent Tonebender or FuzzFace sounds. The other is a spitty, gritty, over the top thing. Then you can run them together, and change the input boost and the EQ... The only real problem with it is that you can't run it with presets because you'd love to have the low gain thing, footswitchable with the high gain sound, then kick in the Musket to boost it...

I got mine originally when they came out, at the Dallas Guitar Show. After the VS Twosome came out, I modded mine to have them cascaded with Fix'd into Musket, but I may have to consider adding the switch to change order, that's a very cool idea.

Blackout, how about a twosome that combines two Fix'd fuzzes? That or a triple with 2 Fix'd and a Musket?

Jet Age Eric

Bob, if you haven't tried yet, I find playing with the eq (even just engaging the circuit and leaving it at noon) and input boost will take Fuzz one from a "pretty decent Tonebender" to an AWESOME Tonebender/Supa Fuzz. -E

The Fix'd fuzz is a weird duck because it's also two fuzzes built in one box. One is a fairly low gain fuzz that can do pretty decent Tonebender or FuzzFace sounds. The other is a spitty, gritty, over the top thing. Then you can run them together, and change the input boost and the EQ... The only real problem with it is that you can't run it with presets because you'd love to have the low gain thing, footswitchable with the high gain sound, then kick in the Musket to boost it...

I got mine originally when they came out, at the Dallas Guitar Show. After the VS Twosome came out, I modded mine to have them cascaded with Fix'd into Musket, but I may have to consider adding the switch to change order, that's a very cool idea.

Blackout, how about a twosome that combines two Fix'd fuzzes? That or a triple with 2 Fix'd and a Musket?

Jet Age Eric

Blunderbuss has Ge diodes and (thus?) the fuzz is much woolier; it has the same tone shaping abilities--and I assumed the eq is voiced the same--as the Musket but the actual fuzz is different. -E

So what is the difference between the muskette and blunderbus?

As usual TGP is running up my budget. LOL

Clean Channel

CC, how do you set your Fix'd Fuzz for the Arbiter sound? I prefer my Blunderbuss for Fuzz Face tones. -E
Really? The Musket and Blunderbuss are both Muff clones, so typically there shouldn't be any Fuzz Face tones coming out of there. My Musket was too wall-of-sound to give Fuzz Face tones. (sold the VSTwosome last week in prep for the SSTwosome).

I liked the Fix'd with Fuzz 1, Tone on and rolled to the right quite far, buffer off mostly, but on sometimes. Buffer around noon, Fuzz 1 to taste.

Yea I dig the blunderbuss, less compressed for sure just like they said at the beginning of the video.

Like I said, TGP blowing my budget. LOL

carltonh

My SST is in the mail, but I assume the Multidrive has an advantage for metal in that it has the 3-way midrange switch. Anyone try to get the tighter metal tones like Dream Theater from the Twosome?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom